PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys! Need your help please!

colligreen
8th February 2007, 02:53 PM
Hi everyone!

I've sneaked onto your forum in the hope that one of you can help me. Although I don't have a Supra, we're a 'Jap' family, with an MR2 turbo (my other half) and FTO (mine) plus my parents also drive an MR2 turbo. I've got a friend who owns a black MK4 and I think he loves it more than his wife!

Last year on the way to JAE my car was hit by a lorry, which at the time he admitted he'd done on purpose! Now it's being disputed and they're trying to push me into a 50/50 settlement which I won't accept. He crossed from his lane into mine because he thought I would try to cut him up where the road narrowed. I stopped because I saw him drifting across and the back end of his lorry hit the front end of my car.

Now the relevant bit - at the time I was following 2 black Supras who I would imagine were on their way to JAE as well. I need to know if they saw anything that might help me because at the moment it's his word against mine. I know it was a long time ago, but I'd been hoping it wouldn't come to this. It was on the friday, approx 2pm on junction 4A of the M5 where you join the M42.

Hope you don't think I'm cheeky by posting this but I really need your help to prove my innocence! I you were the person in the Supra, or heard someone mention that they'd seen it happen please let me know.

Thanks for taking the time to read this
Corinna x

(I posted this on the mkivsupra.net forum and they suggested to post it on here as well)

UltraFlynn
8th February 2007, 03:46 PM
That's outrageous. I hope you find someone who can back you up.

Barney
8th February 2007, 03:54 PM
Sorry that your first post here isn't a happier one Corrina, but welcome to the club nontheless.

We have a number of black Supra owners here although two traveling together on Friday to Jae has me scratching my head as to who they might be.

Fingers crossed someone will come forward, wishing you the very best of luck sorting this out.

Martin F
8th February 2007, 03:54 PM
I'm sure we wish you all the best in your search and have no problem with you posting this request.

Lets hope somebody does remember.

colligreen
8th February 2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks for your support guys, I've got my fingers crossed that someone has a flashback!

dunk shaw
8th February 2007, 06:47 PM
Sorry to read this and hope someones memory suddenly starts working if you know what i mean !!
was there much damage to your car ?

Welcome to the club and hope you get a result with the claim

~Rob~
9th February 2007, 07:33 PM
Terrible! Afraid I cant help either! sorry!

Welcome to the club anyways! :)

colligreen
12th February 2007, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

Damage luckily wasn't too bad, scraped front wing, broken door mirror and door pushed in a bit. It was more emotional than anything - ruined my JAE last year cos I was in a foul mood all weekend!

UltraFlynn
12th February 2007, 03:08 PM
I can see how that would p!ss you off for a weekend. Not even a few beers would improve my mood after an incident like that.

dunk shaw
12th February 2007, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

Damage luckily wasn't too bad, scraped front wing, broken door mirror and door pushed in a bit. It was more emotional than anything - ruined my JAE last year cos I was in a foul mood all weekend!

Thats good news then as at least your not argueing over a large amount of money, hope you get it sorted though