PDA

View Full Version : How to do...

SupraPL
13th August 2007, 12:03 PM
... an exhaust more quiet without make its more resctrictive?

Swap 4inch exhaust for 3'', heat wrap from downpipe to back box, replace 2nd decat with silencer (empty tin).

Any more ideas?

UltraFlynn
13th August 2007, 12:05 PM
I've got a baffle specially made for my exhaust which doesn't seem to rob the engine of that much power (if any) but really does a good job of keeping things quiet.

SupraPL
13th August 2007, 03:07 PM
I've got a baffle specially made for my exhaust which doesn't seem to rob the engine of that much power (if any) but really does a good job of keeping things quiet.

Hi.

The baffle isn't an option. It's no point to do full de-cat then put the bung on.

baz
13th August 2007, 03:16 PM
ear plugs???? louder speakers??? lol

Martin F
13th August 2007, 03:45 PM
... an exhaust more quiet without make its more resctrictive?

It's impossible.

Going from 4" to 3" is already making it more restrictive.

SupraPL
13th August 2007, 04:16 PM
It's impossible.

Going from 4" to 3" is already making it more restrictive.

You are right, but 3'' exhaust should be sufficiently unrestrictive for my goals. What about additional silencer (empty tin instead of 2nd de-cat pipe)? Is it works?

Martin F
13th August 2007, 07:32 PM
An expansion box won't help exhaust gas flow (imagine it being water going through a pipe) but it's probably about he best you can do.

UltraFlynn
13th August 2007, 08:26 PM
Hi.

The baffle isn't an option. It's no point to do full de-cat then put the bung on.

There is if you want two options. i.e. bung out to have some fun and bung in to let the neighbours sleep in the morning.