PDA

View Full Version : strange noise

mole
14th September 2007, 05:38 PM
i've got a strange whining noise coming from the right hand front wheel when i turn left, it's only when i turn left not right. the only thing i can think of is wheel bearing but thought you would here it whilst driving. any other ideas before i tackle it

j80leo
14th September 2007, 05:51 PM
cv joint?

kevo
15th September 2007, 10:05 AM
i've got a strange whining noise coming from the right hand front wheel when i turn left, it's only when i turn left not right. the only thing i can think of is wheel bearing but thought you would here it whilst driving. any other ideas before i tackle it

Yeh....As you said MOLE,....Very much like a wheel bearing noise...Jack up the offending wheel.....(Make sure its safe)..And,Spin the wheel to see if you can hear any type of grumble/rumbling noise....Sometimes if its in its early stages of wear....It will still sound pretty smooth....But,Yes...Sounds like wheel bearing...Another way of checking is...Does the noise quieten when you turn the other way...?????If so,This is becouse you are removing the weight/Centre of gravity from the worn bearing...Good Luck......:brushteeth:

mole
16th September 2007, 09:54 AM
ok thanks for that guys i've tried it and wheel bearing is fine. took it for a drive and its now doing it when i turn left and right but only at low speed i'm thinking it could be power steering. anyone else had this problem?

UltraFlynn
16th September 2007, 10:35 AM
Have you checked the level of the power steering fluid?

mole
16th September 2007, 04:29 PM
Yes mate checked fluid and it's ok.