PDA

View Full Version : trac controll fuse

jat4372
25th September 2007, 01:04 AM
I took the trac fuse out the other day because I heard that it was suppose to increase the performance by not retarding the timing in higher RPM. I will disagree with anyone that says that. The modes I have are 3in downpipe 4in the rest of the way out, boost controller, BCC. Stock turbos. The car was smoother in the gear shifts(auto trans), but performance was hurt badly.
I am open to all opinions. One more thing, my boost kept wanting to increase to about 22 23psi. Instead of 19psi.

~Rob~
29th September 2007, 02:11 PM
Ive never heard that removing the TRAC fuse was supposed to increase performance. Surely it'd just prevent the trac system engaging, and therefore prevent it cutting the power / retarding timing / applying brakes etc. It does, however, disengage the 155mph limiter, AFAIK :D

jat4372
29th September 2007, 06:52 PM
I will try and find the artical I read that said it.

jat4372
29th September 2007, 07:06 PM
Quote.
(Just pushing the "Trac Off" button only partially disables the Trac system. It disables the Trac throttle body and TRAC funtion through the ABS System (on 93.5-96 only), but not the Trac system's ignition timing retard function. Unplugging the Trac fuse eliminates both functions, as well as the 155mph speed limiter, which works through the trac system. The fuse can be found in the main fuse box on the driver’s side of the engine compartment. It must be noted that removing the fuse will cause the TRAC light to stay on, but you'll get used to it.)

Can be found in this artical.

http://ezinearticles.com/?FAQ-on-Modifying-the-Toyota-Supra&id=9214

UltraFlynn
29th September 2007, 08:11 PM
Why would turning off a feature which Toyota spent tons of cash researching and implementating increase performance? The ignition timing retard function is not a bad thing. It's a thing to make the car run properly during gear changes.

It's a bit like looking at the crank shaft pulley and thinking "That looks big and heavy, I'll fit an aluminium one instead!" without realise the disasterous consequences of a trashed crankshaft.

RobSheffield
29th September 2007, 08:24 PM
Why would turning off a feature which Toyota spent tons of cash researching and implementating increase performance? The ignition timing retard function is not a bad thing. It's a thing to make the car run properly during gear changes.

It's a bit like looking at the crank shaft pulley and thinking "That looks big and heavy, I'll fit an aluminium one instead!" without realise the disasterous consequences of a trashed crankshaft.

exactly

Cass
29th September 2007, 09:01 PM
Not realy the time of year to be removing the function of the TC either.
"The weather is changing rapidly"
Just replace the fuse and step away from the car.;)

UltraFlynn
29th September 2007, 09:37 PM
He's in Simpsonville, Kentucky mate ...... what's the weather like there? :)

Cass
29th September 2007, 09:42 PM
Well on Monday its going to rain there with a temp of 13 :)

UltraFlynn
29th September 2007, 09:45 PM
Fair comment. I should have checked. :) Your point stands then. Now is not the time of year to be thinking about removing the traction control.

However, the stock traction control is just plain dangerous and needs removing anyway. Anything that turn your car into a Ford Fiesta when pulling out of a side road with an oncoming bus cannot be a good thing.

RLTC is the way to go guys. I love it. ;)

jat4372
1st October 2007, 11:16 PM
Its still in the 80's and have not had any rain in mounths.
Thanks for the info.

Cass
2nd October 2007, 07:23 AM
Tomorrow looks a bit cloudy for you.
I wish i lived in the sun :)