View Full Version : Terrano turbo

mole
22nd November 2007, 01:05 PM
I've been having a few problems with my terrano diesel, it has no below 2500rpm power but still drives i have just been told it's my turbo that is knackered, without sounding too daft is this possible for me to drive without the turbo working or am i having my leg pulled?

Martin F
22nd November 2007, 05:08 PM
Yes, you could drive without the turbo running, but it should show as a lack of power high up as well, compared to normal.

How did they ascertain the turbo was blown, did they put a boost gauge on it?

mole
22nd November 2007, 06:36 PM
No boost gauge. He tried evreything else before driving it, there is a considerable lack of power after 1st gear if i hit a big hill i have to go to 1st some times,i think its years of being a mechanic told him, you cant even hear the turbo spining up mate

Clayton
22nd November 2007, 09:16 PM
i had the same problem with my vito turbo. it just started slowing down on the m way and all of a suddern lost power, the vito is a low reving engine anyway and without the turbo it just died a death. trying to get it home was a nightmare as if you changed down the box it just flattened out. up over one nasty hill was crawling at 10mph. anyway, got it to the garage and when they sused it the turbo was fine but the intercooler pipe had blown off due to the intercooler blocked up in the intake. they took it off, managed to clean the obstruction and bingo.