PDA

View Full Version : Amp Power Cable

Elvin7
15th April 2008, 01:32 PM
Hello guys, any advice on where is the best place to get an amp power cable through from the engine bay into the cabin on a uk surpa?

I see there is a large grommit on the drivers side that i could use, but in the interest of keeping things neat i would prefere to keep it on the passangers side.

Any pic of where someone has put the cable through the bulkhead would be great :)

Thanks in advance :)

Martin F
15th April 2008, 02:44 PM
There are grommets on either side of the car behind the front wheel arch liners. On the passanger side the grommet carries the engine bay loom (not the ECU loom) into the large connector block on the left side of the footwell.

baz
15th April 2008, 03:07 PM
There are grommets on either side of the car behind the front wheel arch liners. On the passanger side the grommet carries the engine bay loom (not the ECU loom) into the large connector block on the left side of the footwell.

thats where i put mine thro :jiggy:

Elvin7
15th April 2008, 04:27 PM
nice one, hate the idea of making new holes it there. will have a look and see what i can do

thanks for the fast reply :)

Kev.O
15th April 2008, 06:02 PM
It's easier to get to the engine bay grommet by removing the charcoal cannister :)

Elvin7
15th April 2008, 07:52 PM
anyone got a link to the correct wireing loom to convert the supra's plug on the back of the standard radio to iso?

I got one in my local mod shop, and it says supra on it but its a different plug :(

Want to avoid cutting the standard loom if i can :)

V
15th April 2008, 08:14 PM
I got mine from my local car hifi bloke. Halfrauds should also so sell them and a few quid more.

i'll try and find a number.........

V
15th April 2008, 08:23 PM
Autoleads: PC2-17-4
I see you;ve got a UK'r which i belive has different wiring to a jspec.
This plug will also bypass the amp (which is a good thing!)

DONT QUOTE MY ON THIS - CAN SOMEONE RECONFIRM?

Guyver
15th April 2008, 08:36 PM
Thats the lead I used. Had a look on some car audio sites and they don't state a different lead for UK or J-spec so I think they must be the same.

Kev.O
15th April 2008, 09:59 PM
I'm pretty sure the one I used from Halfrauds said for a supra, nothing about being a UK.

Elvin7
15th April 2008, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the help, Think i found the lead, UK car has a different plug to the jap ones it seems, believe the jap one has 2 seperate white plugs? not sure tho, but the uk one only has one large white plug

seems this lead is the correct one and lets ya use the standard amp: Autoleads:PC9-411

Just ordered one online, will let yas know if it does the job :)

Kev.O
15th April 2008, 10:47 PM
If I remember correctly the speaker cables are split between the two plugs (but using one connector)

Gambit
15th April 2008, 11:18 PM
Just thought I'd link my stereo install here. you never know...

http://www.mkivsupraownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7230

Elvin7
16th April 2008, 12:32 PM
thanks Gambit, your pics confirm that the plugs are different on the Uk car. Hpoefully this other lead will fix everything :)

Not sure yet, but will let yas know

V
16th April 2008, 07:51 PM
I thought your car is a UK'r?

Elvin7
16th April 2008, 11:40 PM
I thought your car is a UK'r?

yea, mines a uk car, Gambits pic's are off a Jap car, think this lead will get me hooked up (Autoleads:PC9-411) pics of the plug on it match the plug on the uk spec cars loom, which (going by gambits pics!) is different to the plugs than the Jap cars have. (I think!!) :confused:

V
17th April 2008, 07:44 AM
Hmmm. ithink the lead i posted was for a UK?????

Elvin7
17th April 2008, 12:17 PM
hmmm, not sure tbh, will see if the one i ordered fits, should be here in a few days, will post some pics of the plugs on the Uk radio when i take it out again.

Thanks for all the help tho :)

supra_si
18th April 2008, 06:30 PM
power cable deffinatley to be routed through the grommit behind the charcoal canister took 10 mins to wire it through. comes out in the passenger footwell.