PDA

View Full Version : Ridox kit fitted and advans on

jimbob
23rd June 2008, 12:43 PM
I don't post too often (as I'm quite shy ;) ) but there's not many days that I don't check the forum to see what's going on...I'm going to make the effort in future though! :D

I've had my supra for 18 months now, it's a facelift n/a with about 65k on the clock. I spent about 6 months looking for the right one, so by the time I bought it I knew where I wanted to be going with it when it came to modifying/styling. Bigger bhp isn't really my sort of thing, I'm happy with what it's got, and tbh there's not too much scope for that with an n/a.

I bought the (whifbitz) ridox kit for it a week after buying the car, it's been at a 'bodyshop' since then until a few weeks ago getting the lip done in carbon. The sideskirts need to be redone (the carbon work on them is shockingly bad) and are coming off again in a few weeks to go to someone else to sort out, so for this reason the kit hasn't been properly fitted, but you get the idea.

I know the Advans aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I love them, and spent weeks refurbing the lip to make them shine & then painting the centres. A real bargain (at £200) and I think 3 spokes are about to make a come back! ;)
I've an exhaust winging it's way in the post, and also a set of 20mm hubcentric spacers to help the rims fill the arch out a bit. I've a carbon fuel flap to match the lip on the kit, leather seats, and I've painted my (facelift) headlights black...think that's it so far.

Next is a bit of bling in the engine bay, after refurbing the wheels I've decided I'm going to have a go at polishing some bits under the bonnet, and some carbon here and there should finish it off.

Comments / pointers / advice appreciated :)

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/evilbeemer/DSC00811.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/evilbeemer/DSC00813.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/evilbeemer/DSC00815.jpg

http://www.reallymeansounds.com/reports/426/big/IMG_5398.JPG

http://www.reallymeansounds.com/reports/426/big/IMG_5401.JPG

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/evilbeemer/DSC00814.jpg

J-S14A
23rd June 2008, 01:32 PM
Did you buy the kit complete with the carbon sections? From what i've heard these whifbitz replicas are supposed to be really good. Pauls own Supra has this kit and it looks stunning, and I don't think he's has any problems.

jimbob
23rd June 2008, 01:42 PM
No bud, although in hindsight I really wish I had... The extra to get it already with carbon was over £400 iirc, the guy doing the work gave me a better price to do it himself so 'good times' I thought. He really made a hash of the skirts though, the bumper and spats are grand, but big bubbles underneath the carbon on the skirts. :( I guess you get what you pay for (not that I paid him in the end!) so a lesson learned the hard way.
The quality and fit of the kit is 100%.

suprarob
23rd June 2008, 08:13 PM
Hi Jimbob

I am usually one of the guys that don't like the 3 spoke rims but the ones you have look good to me.

The whole thing looks good. keep us posted on your progress :)

jimbob
23rd June 2008, 09:35 PM
Ta! :cool:
Marmite with the wheels I suppose, but I'm hoping the spacers and maybe a touch lower at the front will help too.

nap
23rd June 2008, 09:40 PM
smoooooth very smoooooth.
nice one.:jiggy:

RobSheffield
23rd June 2008, 10:24 PM
Love that kit :)

dunk shaw
24th June 2008, 06:56 AM
Sorry jimbob i dont like 3 spokes but the rest of your car is fine :coolpeek:

baz
24th June 2008, 07:23 AM
Sorry jimbob i dont like 3 spokes but the rest of your car is fine :coolpeek:

ditto :jiggy:

Barney
24th June 2008, 08:22 AM
Three spokes will always divide opinion and again I have to say they are not my cup of tea, but who the hell cares what I think, it's your car and it's looking mighty fine.

jimbob
24th June 2008, 10:02 AM
Sure wouldn't it be pretty dull if we all liked the same things, and all had the same Supra's. :)
You'll all be rushing out to buy them next year, apparently they're going to be next season's must have accessory.

baz
24th June 2008, 12:00 PM
Sure wouldn't it be pretty dull if we all liked the same things, and all had the same Supra's. :)
You'll all be rushing out to buy them next year, apparently they're going to be next season's must have accessory.

lol :violin:

J-S14A
24th June 2008, 11:38 PM
I have a feeling I won't be rushing out to buy three spokes next year...

Car's still bloody nice though!

jimbob
24th June 2008, 11:52 PM
lol...right enough bud, I don't suppose you'll be rushing out to buy anything for that supra of yours, awesome spec and it looks amazing...bet you're busting for that to arrive! :cool:

dunk shaw
4th July 2008, 06:20 AM
You need some black 5 spokes on there jimbob then your car would be complete :rolleyes2:

jimbob
7th July 2008, 09:36 PM
Funny you should say that Dunk, 5 spokes (dare/axis hiros) were the other set of wheels that I nearly bought...maybe I'll regret it later down the line, but at £200 and a diy refurb on the advans it's a cheap experiment and I'm still liking them bud.
If I change my mind, it'll be for 5 spokes :) and the sale of my old rims together with the advans should be a good start towards the price of a set. :coolpeek:
I picked up a 2nd hand exhaust which will go on over the next week or two, I need to get the spacers on too, and I'm thinking about taking it off the road for a week or two to have a go at polishing some bits under the bonnet, and maybe wrapping a set of wind deflectors in carbon (although I'm not sure whether that'll work/look right, but could be worth a go).

J-S14A
8th July 2008, 12:21 AM
lol...right enough bud, I don't suppose you'll be rushing out to buy anything for that supra of yours, awesome spec and it looks amazing...bet you're busting for that to arrive! :cool:

Just a bit...:nos:

jay200bhp
20th July 2008, 11:09 PM
love the car looks sinister;d hate bodged carbon work though but hey automotive carbon is generally no better than a bit of cheap dry weave sheet and some grp backing it up!! keep us posted!

ward1955
22nd July 2008, 04:58 PM
You could always get the wind deflectors painted carbon, by the guy I'm not allowed to mention !

Supradude666
26th April 2009, 03:28 PM
I really like them 3 spokes on the Supra. id be tempted to put a set on my car if i didnt have the Oz's

Supradude666
26th April 2009, 03:31 PM
I also like the ridox kit, its nice but not too in your face..

I like the carbon bits on the kit, i know that version is more expensive but imho its worth it.

:twisted: