PDA

View Full Version : my new tt bit of tidying

jay200bhp
14th September 2008, 09:45 PM
Well spent most of the day today working on a few bits i have been planning for a while the work this weekend comprised of:
fit active spoiler hardware and ecu and new switch from steve manley :)
do a few more orange pipes in the engine bay
fit the speedhut el glo dial kit
fit the TRD filter bought from scott (gixer on here)
i found the spoiler guide quite handy so a big thanks for that!!
see photos...

jay200bhp
14th September 2008, 09:50 PM
a few more pics...

jay200bhp
14th September 2008, 09:54 PM
and again...

Gambit
14th September 2008, 10:43 PM
Looks great, well done!

dunk shaw
15th September 2008, 06:47 AM
looking good :)

suprarob
15th September 2008, 04:18 PM
Looking good

Those orange hoses definitely brighten up the engine bay :coolpeek:

jay200bhp
15th September 2008, 06:34 PM
thanks guys, rob: haha i can remember saying id ordered the hoses and everyone being shocked they kida work although i planned them for a black car originaly! like the outcome though :D

Kev.O
15th September 2008, 06:46 PM
Coming along nicely. Orange isn't my cup of tea but each to there own :)

Martin F
15th September 2008, 06:47 PM
Looks like a good days work :coolpeek:

jay200bhp
15th September 2008, 06:58 PM
a day was ambitious martin i workedfrom 8.30 sat morning untill 11 pm that night ...

Guyver
16th September 2008, 07:05 AM
Funny how 'a day' just seams to go on and on...
Well done on your days work.

Barney
16th September 2008, 10:18 AM
Looks like a very productive day and that work is progressing nicely.

jonahjones26
19th September 2008, 03:28 PM
looks great,

active spoiler hard to fit????

Kev.O
19th September 2008, 03:56 PM
looks great,

active spoiler hard to fit????

Have a look at the thread Guyver done about the fitting of an active spoiler. (http://www.mkivsupraownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12710)

Supramadlee
19th September 2008, 07:44 PM
Looks good,coming along nicely, have you just recently purchased that, sure i saw that advertised on the auto trader website recently... I want a TT and was window shopping without ther money to fund it as you do.. hopefully one day soon, dreams do come true ha ha....:rolleyes2:

jay200bhp
19th September 2008, 11:58 PM
i had a black na for a couple of years and graduated to the TT recently it was on pistonheads when i saw her so its possible you may have seen it?! hope you find some pennies to buy a tt soon though matey,

the active spoiler is okay once you have figured out a line of attack,i thought in the beginning i was going to have to take off the front bumper to get the 5 bolts that fix the spoiler hardware onto the chassis rails on but you can do this by removing the headlights! i replaced all of the nuts under the undertray and front bumper with new stainless ones to,just to finish it nicely!so on the hole not to bad realy thanks for the comments guys :D

Kev.O
20th September 2008, 10:14 PM
Where did you get the s/s screws from Jay?

jay200bhp
21st September 2008, 09:52 AM
i got them from a stainless fabricator who works with my dad, theres a place near us who supplies all manner of screws or fixings for motorsport stuff though they are called oxford seals and bearings ...in wedgewood road bicester ...give them a google kev!

Kev.O
21st September 2008, 10:43 PM
i got them from a stainless fabricator who works with my dad, theres a place near us who supplies all manner of screws or fixings for motorsport stuff though they are called oxford seals and bearings ...in wedgewood road bicester ...give them a google kev!

Bicester, I have family there. Thanks Jay

jay200bhp
3rd October 2008, 07:51 PM
do you kev who are they then????

jay200bhp
3rd October 2008, 08:06 PM
just a quick photo update of the last week or so's work on the TT i have been busy cutting the bonnaet out for the uk spec scoop to be fitted ,i decided to use the seal as well i know many didnt but it looks as much oem as possible!,the cutting went realy well and instead of cutting at right angles i used a broaching tool and cut radded lines then joined them up with a dremel,

jay200bhp
3rd October 2008, 08:15 PM
My painter kevin at alladin motorsport had the bits dropped off saturday morning at 11am, he didnt work sunday and yet the parts were back to me at 10.30 am monday morning! all for 60 pounds!very impressed i have the taken delivery for my tsd dsc from thor and have this to fit ,and some brushed stainless heater face bezels then have to fit the heater and dash dimmer buttons,i had these made by a small machine shop in bedford ,these will be anodised red soon ....

jay200bhp
3rd October 2008, 08:20 PM
Heres the car after i had fitted the scoop etc!

Martin F
4th October 2008, 11:36 AM
Looks good Kev, and nice to see a professional job.

That seal is not OEM i'm afraid, the foam seal can only be seen by looking closely normally. Looks like you have some sort of seal sitting proud of the side of the scoop.

jay200bhp
4th October 2008, 11:51 AM
hmmm steve manley sold me the seal as part of the kit i needed for the scoop!?

dunk shaw
5th October 2008, 09:21 AM
Looks the same as mine and all bought through Toyota

Gambit
5th October 2008, 11:34 AM
It is a stock item.
you've got the seal on backwards it should lip up the inside not the outside!

Kev.O
5th October 2008, 03:12 PM
Looking nice, just need to sort the seal out. I think it really finishes off the bonnet.

jay200bhp
5th October 2008, 07:26 PM
guys the seal has a right angle and the sticky part is stuck to the bottom of my scoop on the face which mates to the bonnet the smaller part of the seal lips up the side of the scoop at the moment ???

Martin F
5th October 2008, 08:01 PM
These may help:

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/european_hood_scoop_install/index.html

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/european_hood_scoop_install/parts/index.html

Kev.O
5th October 2008, 08:30 PM
I don't have the seal on view on my car, and I don't recall seeing it on Barney's either.

Gambit
5th October 2008, 09:23 PM
This is what I'm saying the sticky part goes to the bottom that sits on the bonnet and the right angle goes up the INSIDE of the scoop. Not the outside as you have it.
Got it?

jay200bhp
6th October 2008, 04:52 PM
Gambit sorry for being spasticated ! so yes ive got it! and what i also have is the seal off and not sticky anymore and a real of adhesive backing to stick it back in the correct place hahaha cheers for the heads up though!

Gambit
6th October 2008, 06:43 PM
Ok m8, post a revised close up picture when you get it sorted! :)

jay200bhp
6th October 2008, 07:09 PM
ive fitted it in the right position and its much better ill post a picture tomorrow when its light again! thanks all....

Kev.O
6th October 2008, 07:54 PM
ive fitted it in the right position and its much better ill post a picture tomorrow when its light again! thanks all....

Nice one :D

Martin F
6th October 2008, 07:57 PM
:dance:

Gambit
6th October 2008, 08:13 PM
Wow, I've actually been of some use on this forum for once. :D

Kev.O
6th October 2008, 08:29 PM
Wow, I've actually been of some use on this forum for once. :D

Don't big yourself up too much, Martin was the first to spot it :D :tongue2:

Gambit
6th October 2008, 09:42 PM
Don't big yourself up too much, Martin was the first to spot it :D :tongue2:

You cheeky B*****d, Martin posted that it wasn't an original part. I posted the correction; So I'm taking the credit!

As I have an import and have done the scoop job, I know exactly what Jay is doing. :flip:

Martin F
6th October 2008, 09:47 PM
Martin posted that it wasn't an original part.

I should have worded my post more carefully, and said the install didn't look OEM ;)

Kev.O
6th October 2008, 10:00 PM
You cheeky B*****d, Martin posted that it wasn't an original part. I posted the correction; So I'm taking the credit!

As I have an import and have done the scoop job, I know exactly what Jay is doing. :flip:

I should have worded my post more carefully, and said the install didn't look OEM ;)

We all knew what Martin meant, except you :D

Gambit
7th October 2008, 12:11 PM
I'm still claiming credit. :p

credit
credit
credit

jay200bhp
7th October 2008, 07:16 PM
fellas you havent seen the latest picture gambit you might not want the credit yet hahaha nah i looks good now thanks again guys pictures to follow,one thing from the guides and that on the .net though a few lads leave the seals off because they prefer not to see them ? but when fitted properly (ha! :D ) you cant anyway so do they just leave them off because there pricey for what they are from mr T?

The Restorer
7th October 2008, 08:08 PM
Jay, your full stop and comma keys ain't working.

jay200bhp
7th October 2008, 08:15 PM
mo its intermittent it worked when i typed .net :D im ruuuubish on a computer.!

Gambit
7th October 2008, 11:10 PM
Never mind the chat where is the picture?

jay200bhp
8th October 2008, 10:23 PM
On early shift this week, (up at 4.30am)and my renault shed broke down again so ill promise to take one tomorrow as i have nothing on in the afternoon! Gambit i meant to ask mate whats the "blitz active front spoiler controller" and what does it do for the active spoiler??tried google to no avail? ...ta.

Gambit
9th October 2008, 05:18 PM
It gives me full control of my active spoiler.

http://www.mkivsupraownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7143&highlight=blitz+active

Now I only raise my spoiler if it looks like catching somthing.

jay200bhp
16th October 2008, 05:42 PM
Well guys just got around to uploading some more photos of work so far,ive sorted the seal on the scoop (haha) and wired in the thor delimiter and speedo convertor and also fitted the HKS bov thanks for all of the advice on the other threads ive posted on this!

jay200bhp
16th October 2008, 05:49 PM
more pics

jay200bhp
16th October 2008, 05:54 PM
moooooore pics

jay200bhp
16th October 2008, 06:00 PM
nearly there....

Kev.O
16th October 2008, 06:03 PM
Coming along nicely Jay :)

jay200bhp
16th October 2008, 06:04 PM
and one with a pic of the scoop for gambit,cheers for pointing that out martin (hahahahahaha)....and gambit.

Martin F
16th October 2008, 06:10 PM
Looking good, clear indicators next ;)

jay200bhp
16th October 2008, 06:25 PM
thanks kev and martin,yeah clear indicators next would be great and also need to source some oem rear spats as i sold mine to Angry Koala and mine are poor fitting fibreglass jobbies! horrible.... what wiring do i need to do to fit the oem genuine clear indicators ??

Kev.O
16th October 2008, 06:37 PM
thanks kev and martin,yeah clear indicators next would be great and also need to source some oem rear spats as i sold mine to Angry Koala and mine are poor fitting fibreglass jobbies! horrible.... what wiring do i need to do to fit the oem genuine clear indicators ??

Simply cut the connectors and solder on the new wires, real easy to do, infact we done Flynn's at JAE last year. If you want to have the smaller bulb as a side light you'll need to run a new wire to the existing sidelights.(Common negative)

Gambit
16th October 2008, 10:52 PM
Looks really good chap, well done.