PDA

View Full Version : New Blood

Dann
8th November 2008, 08:53 PM
Hi Guys and Girls

My name is Dann I am 24 I live in Radcliffe (Manchester) and I have a MKIV Supra N/A its a wide beast with the esprit body kit etc loads of mods even down to a cusco 1.5 lsd and ported polished heads etc. will do a full spec in propper thread section.

I have just set up company here in Radcliffe as DCP Racing Ltd its car tuning workshop from a service to a full re-build bodykits to sound systems. The company will offically open on Friday 14th November and its at Unit 8 Dale street Radcliffe Manchester M26 1AD. tel 07917416193. there is a web site but am building it myself to save some money because start up cost me a fortune for new workshop etc.

You may have seen my supra around the north west as I use it every day.
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9509/p8290044vu9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/p8290044vu9.jpg/1/w800.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img407/p8290044vu9.jpg/1/)

If anything else you want to know just yell

Dann

Cass
8th November 2008, 09:17 PM
Lovely looking beast there.Look forward to reading up about it in your car/projects thread :)

The Restorer
8th November 2008, 10:00 PM
Welcome to the club.

Kev.O
9th November 2008, 11:57 AM
Welcome to the club Dann.

Barney
10th November 2008, 08:56 AM
Hi Dann and a very warm welcome to the club.

I'm sure I speak for everyone here in wishing you all the very best with your new venture.

suprasteve
10th November 2008, 05:35 PM
Dann, hello and welcome, its nice to see someone else from the northwest on the forum. I'm based in Swinton and been after a good garage which appreciate the Supra for a while and look forward to coming up and having a look round!

suprasteve
10th November 2008, 06:24 PM
Dann, don't know if anyone else has had a chance to read the detail up on the website but what a refreshing change to see garages realising the needs of customers and some of your inovations will be most welcome I'm sure. As a summary for everyone else here is what I think will make a difference :

1. open when the customer needs to drop a car off , even if its 06:00am
2. Open evenings for people to come and see, discuss idea and get technical advice
3. 10% discount for car clubs.

Best of luck with the garage, i'll certainly pop down to at least say Hi!

Dann
16th November 2008, 04:58 PM
Sorry for the late reply Been getting everything sorted down there.

Thanks suprasteve for keeping everyone upto date on the things that make my company stand out.

Also too add to the above I have just had fitted 24/7 cctv recording and wired to internet so if your worried about your car contact me will give you address and password for camera and you can have a quick look from home.

I have just done clutch and timing belt on my supra ported polished head and induction side. Done brakes on celica and full spec build on a gtr33 skyline.

I am having a open day on 22nd November 3pm onwards. got banzai rep coming its my grand opening and you can come walk round the shop and general have a great meet and fun. welcome my business into the world.

When you come down I will be asking advice of everyone any tips etc of what you would like to see here for your cars and what you think will make my company better.

Also there is going to be discount for second car. Meaning I know alot of people dont just have a supra , skyline etc they have a run about so if you bring your supra for service and you also bring your normal car for service later on etc your run about will be serviced with extra discount ontop of the 10% for being club member.

Will post up event in the correct section.

Dann

ward1955
16th November 2008, 05:53 PM
Dann,

Welcome, and I am sure everyone will wish you every success with this new business.

Martin F
16th November 2008, 07:22 PM
If anything else you want to know just yell

Dann

I have a couple of questions:

Who is doing the tuning, ICE installs, engine tuning and bodywork? Normally a guy that is good at porting and blue printing a head is not the same guy who's good at wielding a spray gun.

What experience do these people have?

When are you going to fix your website?

Do you have a landline number or are you running your business from a mobile?

Also too add to the above I have just had fitted 24/7 cctv recording and wired to internet so if your worried about your car contact me will give you address and password for camera and you can have a quick look from home.

Are you going to check all your customers criminal records before giving them access to this live cctv?

and full spec build on a gtr33 skyline.

That's kind of vague, care to elaborate?

I am having a open day on 22nd November 3pm onwards. got banzai rep coming its my grand opening and you can come walk round the shop and general have a great meet and fun. welcome my business into the world.

Not really an open day is it, more of an open couple of hours. :hand:

When you come down I will be asking advice of everyone any tips etc of what you would like to see here for your cars and what you think will make my company better.

I think you missed the point of open days, normally they are for potential punters to come and ask your advice, and look at what services you can offer in the hope that they may engage your services in the future. If you've already started your business don't you think you should have done your research beforehand?

I offer no apologies for my pragmatic questions, as I have seen many turning companies come and go over the years and unfortunately your post and website rings many alarm bells in my eyes.

However I can only hope you prove me wrong in the long run.

Dann
16th November 2008, 07:44 PM
Wow so many questions but I am happy to answere. (excuse the spelling and grammer)

Bodykits and spraying is getting done by bodywerx next door to my company, we have known eachother for long time and he does amazing work.

Ice installs, is a chap called custom ice who has offered me his services and I also know a bit about installs having built my own into my supra including tv playstation 2, 3 amps, 2 subs, 6 speakers and 2 tweeters all wired up and oxygen free wiring.

Land lines have been installed yesterday the number is 0161 724 1714

Web site I am trying to build it myself as it costs a fortune to get one built and I dont have the money, all my money has gone into making this workshop for you guys to be happy with.

The idea of a open day / evening is beacause most people dont get to the company untill after dinner anyway, but by all means if you want to come down earlier please do, can have a chat etc.

The cctv is only to be given out to customers whos cars are in for long stay, I cannot see any criminals owning a supra and wanting to have it in there for a week just to view the camera then come down get past all my barries bollards and alarms which are wired to home and police station just get in be moniterd by over 6 cameras to try and get some stuff. If there that desperate they should be bank robbers.

The skyline build is on my website the engine is approx upto 420bhp not had in on the rollers so dont want to say for defo, hense the approx.

Me asking you advice not asking advice on the cars no I mean asking what else would you like to see at my unit, of course I have done my research this company has spent 3 years on paper being built, I would like feed back off my customers that sort of advice, dont wanna just plod ahead doing the same thing over and over and all you guys can see were improvemnts can be made, I wanna know about them.

As for no appoliges no probs I know some people like to put things blunt accross and I can respect that. Hope I have covered all the questions asked and I hope you are ok with the answeres.

Many thanks

Dann

messykev
19th April 2009, 10:27 PM
hi dann lovely lookin beast you have there, am just off worsley turn off m62 live round corner from suprasteve, will call in and say hi as my sister lives in radcliffe, top of ainsworth road, good luck with your venture and welcome to the club.