PDA

View Full Version : My supra project underway again (yes i feel Cursed)

Supradude666
2nd April 2009, 11:03 AM
Well it seems everytime i get some money or the opportuinity to start getting my supra back on the road something happens like i loose my job or something at home goes wrong or needs the money more than my car (missus's oppinion not mine lol), but im determined this time to make a start and get my rejuvination properly underway.. as im still currently out of work right now im going to tackle the jobs that dont require much money first,

i plan to redo the paint job get it upto scratch (id like to change the bodywork put a kit on when money allows). Im looking to do as much of the work myself to cut caosts and as im bodyshop trained that shouldnt be a problem.

I need to tidy up the interior.

First tho im gonna tackle cleaning up and sorting out my brakes, as the car has been stood for far too long the brakes need taking off and sorting out.. I already have the stuff to do that so its a job thast wont cost me anything.

The most impotrant jobs tho and most costly is to replace the clutch and flywheel and to replace the rear crankshaft oil seal.

Then when all this work is done i can finally forget the nightmare of that bodyshop ruining my supra botching the bodywork burning out my clutch and ruining my doorcards :mad::mad: it still brings a tear to my eyes thinking about it..

the car also needs a bloody good service and replace all the fluids.

id love to put a twin turbo engine in my car as the N/A engine is just not enough for me anymore.

Martin F
2nd April 2009, 01:44 PM
Good Luck with your plans!

dunk shaw
2nd April 2009, 03:45 PM
Im sure youll get there in the end and good luck with all the work

Kev.O
2nd April 2009, 05:10 PM
Best of luck with everything :)

Mike_Mac
2nd April 2009, 05:48 PM
All the best with this and I hope it turns out ok in the end. :)

Barney
3rd April 2009, 06:36 AM
Chin up fella, I'm sure you'll get your car sorted, remember the old saying "all good things come to those who wait".

Very best wishes with it, keep us posted.

Supradude666
12th April 2009, 03:43 PM
Had one heck of a week so no progress yet, im hoping to get the brakes off the car this week if possible when i do i will get sum piccies taken showing work being done along the way,..

Supradude666
26th April 2009, 03:24 PM
Still no progress, got all my tools arranged and ready and all the stuff i need to clean my brakes off, i just need the time, as my little boy has just started nursery school the week just gone i havent had any time to do anything with the car,

the only day i had free was spent at an airfield with my dad and loads of other trackday addicts doing a track day. we thrashed his skyline around for the day wore out his brake discs (AP racing 330MM ones) and ceramic pads, plus absolutly Mullered his ex touring car slick tyres on his trackday wheels, and to add insult to injury at the end of the day we lost oil pressure and knackered the bottom end of the engine.

the cars in waiting to have a bottom end rebuild at the moment..

ward1955
26th April 2009, 04:30 PM
Sounds like an expensive day out,...........:D

Supradude666
26th April 2009, 05:06 PM
yes just a little bit.. well my dad had to go from near oxford to orpington in kent (where the cars being worked on) on the back of an AA lorry then find his own way home he didnt get home (south wales) untill 1:30am. this is dedication for you the bloke who owns/runs the garage Andy his name is cnt remember the name of company tho, got my dad to ring hi when he got near the bloke went back to the workshop to get the car in and sort out whats going on with the car with my dad, while he was waiting found out all the train/bus times for my dad to get home, then took him to the station in orpington but they'd missed the last train so he ran him upto Gatwick to catch the train there..

thats why my dad takes the car there, the work is excellent a+ standard reasonable prices, and that kind of level of customer service.

Martin F
26th April 2009, 08:47 PM
Sounds like it could be Andy Barnes, at Sumo Power.

Going to be an expensive bill I reckon :(

SupraMe22
29th March 2017, 04:44 AM
How's the build going?