PDA

View Full Version : Facelift vs older front bumper

dandan
3rd January 2004, 04:47 PM
Hi Guys,

Just a quick question:

Other than the light clusters, indicator/s.light positions and side repeaters, is there any other difference on the facelift bumpers?

I ask as I've seen some newer cars with a "bar" runnning horizontally across the opening at the front. Is this common to all facelift cars?

I have a 96 facelift but it had some extra PIAA driving lamps fitted in the grille opening and wondered if this "bar" had been removed.

Any suggestions or pics?

Thank you

Martin F
3rd January 2004, 04:57 PM
Quote[/b] (dandan @ Jan. 03 2004,16:47)]I ask as I've seen some newer cars with a "bar" runnning horizontally across the opening at the front. Is this common to all facelift cars?
Yes that horizontal bar is standard on all facelift bumpers. Looks like the previous owner of your car must have removed it for fitting the lamps.

That piece is available seperately as sometimes pre-facelift owners fit it to their cars. Let me know if you want to replace yours and i'll dig out the part number for you. Would need to know your colour code as well as it comes pre-painted.

dandan
3rd January 2004, 05:44 PM
Nice one Martin Thanks.

I think my colour code is 6NO (Met Grey) but I will check.

Ideally I want to see a few pics and then decide, any idea on cost at all?

Martin F
3rd January 2004, 06:51 PM
Well the part number is 53112-14070 then there is a suffix for the colour code (i.e. 53112-14070-C0 is black).

I can't find the appropriate colour code for your car but if you order one the dealer should be able to confirm the correct colour for you. You will also need four of 90159-50322, clips for fixing at each point.

Sorry don't seem to have any pics of the front of a Supra with this bar. Maybe one of the other guys can help

Gixer_81
3rd January 2004, 07:38 PM
The bar was fitted to my 95 plate supra by the previous owner, i was told it costs in the region of ?30 painted! Personally i think it makes the car look less aggressive. If you let me have your e-mail i will post you a few pictures of my car with it fitted.:p

dandan
3rd January 2004, 08:09 PM
Excellent thanks guys, thanks for those no's martin

Email address sent to you, Gixer

Just checked colour code, definately 6NO

dangerous brain
25th January 2004, 07:43 PM
Just put a grill in it like on the other thread on here. Stops stones from trashing your radiator and your power steering cooling pipe, the latter of which could prove a safety problem like it did on my honda accord when I lost my power steering on the motorway from stone damage to said pipe.