PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: hks dragger or other "quietish" exhaust.

SKI
15th April 2004, 02:13 PM
In the process of making some modifications. ?Please get in touch if you can help.

I Need a decent, quality exhaust system like the HKS Dragger, maybe I'm becoming and old fart but I like the Dragger due to its quietish sound. ?So... if you're getting rid of yours because you want something that sounds like an urestricted space shuttle let me know : )

Regards

SKI

Darren
15th April 2004, 04:40 PM
I think theres a secondahand Drager for sale on the other side. Guy called H1SUPE.

HTH

Chris Rocks
16th April 2004, 08:25 AM
might be better looking for an exhaust that you can fit a insert into to quieten the sound...

as my dragger can be a little boomy on motorway journey`s, admittedly not as bad as an HKS Hiper but would annoy some people.

-c-

SKI
16th April 2004, 09:56 AM
Thanks Chris, what would you recommend? I've looked into the Mongoose too. Will have a look in the traders section.

Later.

Chris Rocks
16th April 2004, 12:55 PM
Might be worth checking out the Apexi exhausts as they offer the option of a removable silencer for long journeys ( cuts the sound down, but also reduces the power with the baffle in )

Alternatively the GReddy SP ( street perfomance ) is no louder than stock, but @ full throttle they seem to ?wake up? a bit. http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

-c-

Nathan
16th April 2004, 02:04 PM
Quote[/b] (Chris Rocks @ April 16 2004,09:25)]as my dragger can be a little boomy on motorway journey`s, admittedly not as bad as an HKS Hiper but would annoy some people.
Wow! That is the first time I have ever heard someone say a Drager is 'boomy'. I guess theres always a first!

As for inserts, true, the Dragers can be a bit of a problem due to the unusual 130mm od tail. Most are 120. Like I said though, never had anyone say they want to quieten one down!

SKI
18th April 2004, 05:21 PM
Chris,

Do you have any problems with speed bumps and your Dragger. There seems to be a general opinion that Draggers hang a bit too low. Have nothing against things that hang low of course, so long as there not off my car : )

The previous owner lowerd my supe slightly so it's a bit more of an issue for me.

Anyone seen the dual dragger exhaust (Canisters look like they might be higher from the ground)... Opinions!?

Later...

Chris Rocks
18th April 2004, 05:49 PM
not noticed the dragger `catching` on anything...my front lip and skirts do 1st http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

-c-

Christian
20th April 2004, 01:08 PM
Speed bumps are fine (& mine's lowered too) but the steep angles to get in/out of my garage sometimes put a little scratch on the bottom of the can.

SKI
25th April 2004, 06:37 PM
Bought a used Dragger today from Michel Lane, cant wait to get it fitted..... Just spent an hour polishing it up (very sad I know), the cannister and tip look excellent.