PDA

View Full Version : One for the experts

Chewy
17th May 2004, 08:02 PM
Wanted to experiment. ?Just wanted to know peoples ideas and thoughts.

Have seen water injection on the IC. ?Have also seen some results from spraying nos on the IC (not sure why, seems a waste).

My question is, would it be effective spraying compressed co2 on IC for cooling effect? ?Was thinking of adding the water injection as well, or would it be best to just stick to water?

wez
17th May 2004, 09:10 PM
I think you would prob get better results by spraying into the inlet and then setup correctly.

Water spray onto the IC is very common on scoobies.

http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif

alex h
18th May 2004, 09:22 AM
WI kits like the aquamist is a water mist spray kit which fires into the inlet post IC and pre-intake manifold.
People do let off CO2 fire extinguishers onto the IC's before a drag run so that's nothing new...dry ice can also be used (F1 cars have a tonne shoved in front of the rads before a race.
So yes you could rig up a co2 release system...bare in mind the extra weight you'd have to carry up the strip.
And yes get an Aquamist WI system (Chris Wilson can fit them in about 30mins) and give yourself an extra level of protection for normal driving.

HTH

Chewy
18th May 2004, 01:29 PM
thanks alex!
just what i wanted to hear. I'll figure a few things and test it out. i'm sure it'll take a while to figure everything out.
I agree with the weight. Just thinking if its possible to use like a nos system where you can purge on the IC.

alex h
18th May 2004, 01:45 PM
A CO2 extinguisher will empty in about 10secs so you'd have to be really serious to use it...