View Full Version : Body shop

suprarich
22nd May 2004, 07:33 PM
Hi All,

Can anyone recommend me a good place to install a full Bomex Body Kit? I am around the Kent area.

Thanx

Rich

dangerous brain
20th June 2004, 03:06 PM
Again I would reccomend dude in Brighton.

EmmaG
20th June 2004, 03:31 PM
Sorry I have seen his work and personally I would not recommend him. ?Orange peel anybody http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/killingme.gif

I saw one of the cars he paint when we went to the Shakespeare County and I was horrified at the workmanship, orange peel, flat in places and very poorly done, if I had been the customer I would have been very disappointed.

I just hope they didn't pay a lot for the paintjob.

Lost Princess
20th June 2004, 08:50 PM
Nothing to do with the fact that he was part of Hush Hush in Mkiv.net , i presume you mean the orange supra owned by CJ that all the magazines want to feature and that EVERYONE else is raving about .

LP

EmmaG
20th June 2004, 08:57 PM
Hey mods I think we have our first troll http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/killingme.gif

Now did I say it was CJ's car? Or was my description good enough for you to know exactly who's car it is?

The facts speak for themselves and are there for all to see.

Lost Princess
20th June 2004, 09:18 PM
No its just that CJ's was the only car there that dude had painted , it seems a shame that you have to let your personal feelings impair your judgement , still the way you handle this thread will be interesting , im sure a lot of your members will be interested to know excactly what their club 'founders ' are really like , i guess dude must be really rubbish cause when my bloke tried to book in he couldnt do any bodywork untill september !!!!

LP

EmmaG
20th June 2004, 09:28 PM
Fact - the car had orange peel

Fact - the car had flat spots and look as if somebody had a go with a brillo pad.

Regardless of what I think of Dude I cannot let one of our members be recommend by somebody when I know I would not be happy after seeing his work. Would you prefer I lie? and say oh yes his work is great? when I have seen that it isn't?

Oh and I am not a founder of this club, so get your facts correct please.

Lost Princess
20th June 2004, 09:50 PM
Oh so your not Martins other half then . Im sorry Emma but i think enough of your members actually know Dude to know that there is something much deeper than you make out , im sure CJ will be along soon enough to comment , i was there when Jap Performance and Banzai were begging to do write ups on the car and remarking on the standard of the job , you obviously expect a quality that is allmost unobtainable for the money most people are willing to spend , CJ explained that he didnt want the car featured untill it was fitted with the new wheels and the single turbo kit which i think he said Dude was also fitting due to fact he has built the first UK built 10second supra , this guy must be a complete mug ..... 10 second cars and magazines wanting to feature his work !!!! Emma i think you are very sad , CJ's car is available for all to see allthough the front is now quite damaged allthough thats prob also dudes fault .

LP

dangerous brain
20th June 2004, 09:50 PM
Ok well I am very sorry for reccomending work that I personally have seen as being good. If you look at my seats you will see that I value the appearance of my vehicle and would never hesitate to drive from Bournemouth across to Brighton to get a respray from this guy.

I cannot vouch for the car you have seen as I wasn't there to see it. Are you sure it was one of dudes jobs??

Is there some sort of bad blood here relating to the split with "the other side"? I was warned previously that refering to "the other side" was almost a bannable offence. Having not been around when the split occurred I cannot even begin to know what it was all about and have no petty allegiances to either club.

I do hope that there has been some mistake about this car you have seen as I would like not to be a liar in my reccomendations of what I consider to be good work. If my reccomendations are not appreciatted then I won't bother in the future. I am sorry for causing a stir and shall stick to keeping my idea's to people that actually want to hear them http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

Martin F
20th June 2004, 09:52 PM
Hmmmm you have been waiting in the wings a long time haven't you LP.

Now when you do eventually post it seems only to cause trouble, so I will handle this thread in the way my experience has taught me. You are banned until you contact one of the mods with your real identity. We do not hide behind aliases or closed sections on this website, if we have something to say we will say it and stand by it.

So for my two peneth worth, I was a little shocked after seeing the car in question and the orange peel even with my sunglasses on. I've seen dudes work on his own car in the past and it impressed me enough to recommend him to people. But after seeing this more recent example i would not recommend him, no personal feelings just the fact that i would not be happy recommending somebody when I know things may not turn out very well.

Martin F
20th June 2004, 09:57 PM
Dangerous Brain - I think you need to look at this as a difference of opinion. You're happy recommending somebody elses work, others aren't.

Its pretty simple really, it may come down to the fact that people are looking for different things. You have always tried to be a part of this community whereas LP first post is antagonistic.

Simple eh ?

EmmaG
20th June 2004, 10:01 PM
Quote[/b] (dangerous brain @ June 20 2004,22:50)]Ok well I am very sorry for reccomending work that I personally have seen as being good. If you look at my seats you will see that I value the appearance of my vehicle and would never hesitate to drive from Bournemouth across to Brighton to get a respray from this guy.

I cannot vouch for the car you have seen as I wasn't there to see it. Are you sure it was one of dudes jobs??

Is there some sort of bad blood here relating to the split with "the other side"? I was warned previously that refering to "the other side" was almost a bannable offence. Having not been around when the split occurred I cannot even begin to know what it was all about and have no petty allegiances to either club.

I do hope that there has been some mistake about this car you have seen as I would like not to be a liar in my reccomendations of what I consider to be good work. If my reccomendations are not appreciatted then I won't bother in the future. I am sorry for causing a stir and shall stick to keeping my idea's to people that actually want to hear them http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif
DB I am not concerned about you posting up about Dudes work, I have seen Dude's car (which I presume he painted himself and there are no problems with that) This forum is here for us all to post up our experiences good and bad. However seeing his recent work I was not impressed and I would not recommend him. Before all the agro and the split between Martin and Branners I was going to have my MKIII Supra painted by Dude, as I thought his work was good, however now I am glad that I didn't, based on what I have seen recently. I am sure there are other people who are pleased with his work. At the end of the day it is their cars and their money.

LP - calling me sad is a bit of a joke coming from somebody whose first post is only to cause trouble.

If CJ wants to post on here then he is more than welcome, I hope he does, he is obvously pleased with his car. As I said HIS car.

I will still stand by my comment I would not recommend Dude. This I would say to his face as well.

And just because I am Martin's girlfriend doesn't make me a founder of this club? I would like to know how you work that one out http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/killingme.gif

Foodfreak
20th June 2004, 10:09 PM
Martin,
I only can speak as I find .........you've seen my car.
Dude did the rear end repair when it was clobbered, Perfect paint match on a very difficult colour, no peel, no sinking, no flat spots, Top notch work....very Helpfull guy

for what it's worth....that's my experience
John

p.s Plenty of people at Bolney liked my car..... a lot of the credit goes to Dude

Martin F
20th June 2004, 10:13 PM
FoodFreak - When I saw your car it was dirtier than that. http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

EmmaG
20th June 2004, 10:15 PM
John your car looks great, one question though, when did Dude do this work on your car? was it recently?

Foodfreak
20th June 2004, 10:15 PM
Martin, I was lazy that week http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biglaugh.gif

Hi Emma, 2 Days before the Bolnet meet http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

EmmaG
20th June 2004, 10:26 PM
What wheels are they on your car? very unusual, look great on the car http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Foodfreak
20th June 2004, 10:35 PM
Wheels are Veilside Mesh... 18's x 10 front x 12 rear

whole car is Genuine Veilside apart from the Top Secret bonnet

EmmaG
20th June 2004, 10:39 PM
Genuine Veilside? Christ, must have cost something! was the car already like that when you purchased it, or did you buy the kit and get it painted?

CeeJay
21st June 2004, 01:03 AM
Well, I must say I am very dissapointed by the comments regarding my car. Not only am i dissapointed, but also amazed. As some of the other contributors have mentioned, the car was praised by Banzai and Jap performance mag for the standard of work and has been requested as a feature car for both. Not once has anyone mentioned a crap paintjob.

In fact, when the car was finished I took it to an independent garage for them to assess the work and they too praised it. So where is this orange peel and flat spot? Which areas of the car? Out of the dozens who have looked closely at the car, you are the only one who has questioned the quality of the work.

As a member of this and the MKIVsupra.net BBS, I have never bothred about past issues or politics and have judged everyone on my own impression. It seems as if others are not able to do that and are only concerned with dissing people out of malice regarding past events.

TBH, that is the only reason I can think for Emma to have attempted the personal assasination of dude and the scathing attack on my car.

IMHO, this is a very sad way of trying to score points!

EmmaG
21st June 2004, 06:10 AM
Orange peel was on the passengers side rear quarter, flat spot was on the rear hatch of the car. ?CJ if you are happy with the car then good, it is your car and your money as I said personally I wouldn't be happy with it. ?I am not about to lie to any of our members about what I saw (and I have been thanked for my honesty and confirmation of Dude's work by members of MKIVSupra.net only yesterday)

Sorry to hear about the front of the car. ?I hope you get it sorted soon.

I am not into petty personal assisinations that seems to be more of other other forum?

Martin F
21st June 2004, 08:05 AM
CJ - Nobody was bringing personal dislikes or character assassinations into this thread until Lost Princess posted, somebody who is obviously very bitter about an incident that happened nearly a year ago now. Personal attacks are something that is reminiscent of the BBS you mention and will not be tolerated on this forum.

The posts about the quality of work on your car our peoples opinions. In your opinion (and that of a garage you took your car to) the quality of work is good, in my opinion it is not as good as i would have expected for a full re-spray.

End of story, different people, different opinions it happens all the time in life. I'm more than happy for you to post your opinion and to be honest i'm glad you are happy with it.

Martin F
21st June 2004, 08:43 AM
Quote[/b] (Martin F @ June 21 2004,09:05)]Personal attacks are something that is reminiscent of the BBS you mention
And suprise, suprise i've just been sent a link to 'that BBS' and personal attacks are still occurring.

Strange how an opinion being expressed and an example quoted results in you receiving a personal attack. Reminds me of the old days.

Still anyway moving on.

alex h
21st June 2004, 09:39 AM
This isn't the first time I've heard someone say they were not 100% impressed with Dude's work - this was someone totally independent - however as I'm the one giving you this news I'm sure it's going to be seen as a stinging attack on his work. This 3rd party has said they wouldn't use Dude. But to err is human, Dude can make mistakes and if the only time you view someones work it isn't his best then you're going to instantly form an opinion which is negative. Sh1t happens. Personally I wouldn't know cause I'm not expert on paint..lol..I bought a Supra that had such a bad re-spray on it, it came off...hmmm I bought it from the Bornemouth area - that's near brighton innit? lol - joking I have no idea which cowboy sprayed it.

CeeJay
21st June 2004, 10:24 AM
Emma - your initial comment of "Fact - the car had orange peel - Fact - the car had flat spots and looked as if somebody had a go with a brillo pad", has now changed to "Orange peel was on the passengers side rear quarter, flat spot (note singular) was on the rear hatch of the car". The latter seems quite a lot less vitriolic than the former and could be construed as a slight backtrack.

I also note that you conveniently ignored Foodfreaks answer to your question of whether his car was recently worked on by Dude. Was this because there was no mileage to be had out of his reply?

Martin - You mentioned that this was not a case of personal differences nor an attitude relating to anything that may have happened in the past. You are at pains to point out that this may occur on the other BBS but was not something this BBS would indulge in. Could you therefore explain why, when the Rotorstock meeting was recently commented on, only Paul W and Leon were mentioned when in fact, dude ran the fastest time by any supra that day? Not only was it the fastest time of the day, it was also recognised as being the first 10 second run by a British built car.

Once again, it seemed as if personal feelings outweighed the facts.

Regardless of your protestations, I still feel that certain replies to this thread and the scathing criticism of my car was fuelled by past events and a petty attempt to get even. as the saying goes "it is not big and it is not clever" and invariably ends up making the instigators look exactly what they are - sad and insular.

EmmaG
21st June 2004, 10:53 AM
CJ - I only looked at the passenders side and hatch and saw flat spots and orange peel paint, perhaps next time I will have a look at the drivers side to see how well that had been done, why it should be any better or worse I do not know. If your car was as good as I expected of Dude I simply would have said nothing when DB recommended him.

As I said to Foodfreek his car looks very nice from his picture.

Alex - very interesting what you say about an independent not recommending Dudes work.

Nathan
21st June 2004, 10:54 AM
Quote[/b] (CeeJay @ June 21 2004,11:24)]"it is not big and it is not clever" and invariably ends up making the instigators look exactly what they are - sad and insular.
Hmm.....I don't know you CeeJay, nor Dude and I have no beef with either of you but the insinuation by Dude that Emma 'has a thing' with me was a bit below the belt and not quite playing with a straight bat IMO. I realise it was tongue in cheek but theres a time and a place and I don't know either of you well enough (in fact, at all) to bring me into this with the comment that was posted.

I'm staying well out of this, just thought I'd have my say because my name was mentioned and I'm not particularly happy about how it was done.

CeeJay
21st June 2004, 10:59 AM
Nathan

I am not too sure why you used a quote from my post and then commented on a remark made by dude? I have never mentioned you in any post and, as I do not know you, will not do so. Why you quoted me and mentioned me by name is strange in the least.

Nathan
21st June 2004, 11:24 AM
CeeJay- I used a quote from your text (which is why I quoted your name) as it contained two words (sad and insular) which I felt also sprang to my mind after reading Dudes post re me and Emma. Like you say, we do not know each other and my post only contained your quote as an example. I am sorry if you feel this is strange- like I said I am not getting involved in any argument between yourself/Martin/Emma etc and to this end I wish you all the best.

Regards

Martin F
21st June 2004, 11:45 AM
Quote[/b] (CeeJay @ June 21 2004,11:24)]You are at pains to point out that this may occur on the other BBS but was not something this BBS would indulge in. Could you therefore explain why, when the Rotorstock meeting was recently commented on, only Paul W and Leon were mentioned when in fact, dude ran the fastest time by any supra that day?
If you read the post a little closer I said that "personal attacks will not be tolerated on this forum", not sure how me not mentioning another supra driver falls into the personal attack category but there we go.

Maybe i should of mentioned that Dude also did a 19 second run that day, that one i did see. But then i guess somebody would accuse me of having a personal issue with the guy.

As you've stated Dude has a 10 second UK built car, the facts speak for themself. Just like the facts quoted earlier in this thread speak for themself.

Unfortunately it seems that LP took it upon themself to point the finger at your car, whereas Emma's post tried to save you this indignation. I don't think you should see this thread as 'scathing critiscism' of your car as it was just two people stating their opinion of somebodys workmanship. However (thanks to LP pointing the finger at your car) i feel that you are starting to take things a little personally which is a shame as i don't want to see this to turn into a personal slanging match.

CeeJay
21st June 2004, 12:03 PM
Ah, how the quote facility can be used to turn things eh? The full paragraph said - "Martin - You mentioned that this was not a case of personal differences nor an attitude relating to anything that may have happened in the past. You are at pains to point out that this may occur on the other BBS but was not something this BBS would indulge in. Could you therefore explain why, when the Rotorstock meeting was recently commented on, only Paul W and Leon were mentioned when in fact, dude ran the fastest time by any supra that day? Not only was it the fastest time of the day, it was also recognised as being the first 10 second run by a British built car". As can be seen, I never mentioned nor implied personal attacks but actually mentioned "a case of personal differences nor an attitude relating to anything that may have happened in the past".

And whilst I am not here to champion dude (nor any other member) I am sure you will have known that the 19 sec run was achieved due to a blown intercooler pipe. The facts really speak for themselves eh? He produced a stunning time but got no mention.

As for LP bringing up my name and mentioning my car, wouldn't you agree that Emma's comment of "Orange peel anybody ? http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/killingme.gif " was a very thinly veiled attempt at not actually naming my car?

Once again I would point out that I could not care less whether you and dude have pistols at dawn. What I do care about is having my car slagged off in an open forum in order for people to score points.

alex h
21st June 2004, 12:17 PM
Quote[/b] (CeeJay @ June 21 2004,13:03)]As for LP bringing up my name and mentioning my car, wouldn't you agree that Emma's comment of "Orange peel anybody ? http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/killingme.gif " was a very thinly veiled attempt at not actually naming my car?
Actually that IS a term used in the industry for paint in a certain condition - until you piped up I had no idea who's car was being talked about. lol

EmmaG
21st June 2004, 12:18 PM
Quote[/b] (CeeJay @ June 21 2004,13:03)]As for LP bringing up my name and mentioning my car, wouldn't you agree that Emma's comment of "Orange peel anybody ? http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/killingme.gif " was a very thinly veiled attempt at not actually naming my car?
"Orange peel" is used to describe the effect of a bad sprayed car. I would have used that term if the car in question was black, blue, red, yellow white etc etc.

If I wanted to "name" your car I would have done so. LP named your car not me.

I still stand by my comment that I would not recommend Dude to spray a car, other people would.

I am entitled to my opinion just as you are CJ. If I step out of line on this forum, I will be moderated just like anybody else.

It is a shame that you have to see it as a personal insult.

EmmaG
21st June 2004, 12:20 PM
Quote[/b] (alex h @ June 21 2004,13:17)]Quote[/b] (CeeJay @ June 21 2004,13:03)]As for LP bringing up my name and mentioning my car, wouldn't you agree that Emma's comment of "Orange peel anybody ? http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/killingme.gif " was a very thinly veiled attempt at not actually naming my car?
Actually that IS a term used in the industry for paint in a certain condition - until you piped up I had no idea who's car was being talked about. lol
It is a term I have known for a long time.

I think some people are reading far to much into this.

Martin F
21st June 2004, 12:26 PM
CJ - I think you are missing the reasons for certain texts being quoted here, but i'm not going to dwell on it.

A blown intercooler hose i didn't know that. Now could we quote that as poor workmanship possibly, but hey it happens when your pushing things we all know that. But if you had been attaching intercooler hoses for many years of your life, day in day out, and running them at x psi and one come off then that would be poor workmanship or negligence/*uck up do you agree ?

Anyway this could run and run, and i'm really not interested in playing forum tennis over it. But i would just like to point out a couple of facts......

On this forum there has been no personal attacks or characeter assasinations. Can't say the same for the BBS that your quoted painter frequents.

On this forum a difference of opinion has been posted and discussed\ranted over and the post still remains in tact with all its links to the other BBS.

alex h
21st June 2004, 12:46 PM
lol - I've been personally attacked by Paul again...lol - bless him he tries so hard.

alex h
21st June 2004, 02:15 PM
Anyway this is over IMO - erm bottom line is we know of 1 painter in the Brighton area. Use him if you want to. Otherwise pick up the yellow pages http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Closed