PDA

View Full Version : Fmic and bumpers

rico
20th June 2004, 11:31 AM
Im just about to purchase my FMIC and realised that I probably need a better front bumber as the current one is pretty restrictive - ie, no vents.

Ive spent a little while looking around and quite like the bomex front spoiler, but cant find a UK supplier via google etc. Does anyone here know of a supplier. Are they well made, ie, require no modifaction to fit them to the car , as I want to get it pre-sprayed up so I can bolt it straight on.

And now im going to hijack my own thread ;-)

FMIC, who uses what then? HKS, BLITZ etc.

Chris Rocks
20th June 2004, 12:35 PM
HKS Type R - 600mm X 302mm X 97mm
HKS Type S - 600mm X 301mm X 65mm
Greddy/Trust - 600mmX 276mm X 76mm

I`m just about to buy a custom FMIC which is 600mmx320x95mm

Going to run this with the stock front bumper for the time being.

Paul Whiffin ( whifbitz.co.uk ) or Envy ( Envyperformance.co.uk ) should be able to sort you out with a Bomex front....

As for easy of fitment ( drop on ) can recommend the Stillen bumper, also not glassfibre which means it`s a little more forgiving should you knock it...

Whifbitz does a custom bumper which probably gives you the largest front opening as well as some vents.

-c-

Martin F
20th June 2004, 12:47 PM
Think Chirs has covered most of the points, also worthy of consideration is the Blitz LM spec. It seems to be larger than most of the others (excluding Greddy 4 row) and a good price. Only slight downside is that it doesn't come polished, although i know that Envy can offer to polish it before delivery for a nominal fee.

Nearly all glassfibre bumpers will need some fettling to get them to fit perfectly (unless you get very lucky), so you'll probably have to instruct a body shop to spray and fit.

I wouldn't write off the stock front bumper for an FMIC, as an opening with a smaller surface area than your FMIC can actually aid cooling rather than one of exactly the same size. However you do need to make sure the opening to the FMIC is well ducted.