PDA

View Full Version : Banging noise from the front left of my car

B6AVE
10th July 2004, 01:15 PM
Hello all, I wonder if you can help. Last nite I was driving my supra and noticed a loud juddering sound from the fron left hand side of the car when I breaked. Could it be my ABS mucking up or a wharped disc. Does anyone have any thoughts as it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Michael

alex h
10th July 2004, 02:11 PM
If it's consistant with the rotation of the wheels then I would guess it is a warped disc...but you will have to get them replaced in pairs discs and pads.

Martin F
10th July 2004, 04:40 PM
It could very possibly be a wishbone bolt that has become loose. Need to make sure they are done up very tight with a torque wrench as the spec is in the region of 176lb/ft.

B6AVE
11th July 2004, 12:18 AM
Its not making the sound now, so Im wondering if it was the road that I was on maybe. Will be thinking about upgrading the breaks at sum point. I have billett 4pot calipers on my other car and they are amazing.

alex h
11th July 2004, 08:41 AM
There is a chart floating about of the stopping power of brakes...in 1993 when the Supra was launched the only thing with better brakes was the Ferrari F40. UK brake setup is about ?1000 to do all four corners.

B6AVE
11th July 2004, 08:08 PM
Really cool thats nice to know.

3rd October 2004, 07:37 AM
If the problem was either ABS or disc warp, you would feel it through the brake pedal, try the same road with thin solled shoes & feel for it. If nothing, look somewhere else, i.e. suspension.