View Full Version : Smokey supra

MPryde
27th August 2004, 08:57 PM
On startup and idling when warm my supra smokes, dont think its down to the turbos being on their way out because there is no smoke with hard acceleration, plus the smoke is blue'ish. Am guessing its time for the oil valve stem seals to be changed, espec with the car being over the 100k mark. toyota quoted me approx ?700 b4 vat, 5and a half hours labour plus about ?150 parts. is this a good price? was thinking it would prob be a good idea to put a thicker (hks maybe) head gasket on whilst the head was off too as am thinking of raising the boost in the future,plus change the cam belt. Can any one recommend a good place to get the supra done, in the north west area? also what would be the best head gasket to go for?
many thanx

Martin F
27th August 2004, 09:41 PM
Its a bit unusual to have the blue smoke once the car has warmed up, but if the seals are that hard then it is possible.

I think that price from Toyota is a bit excessive and i'd try and speak to a performance car garage and see what they say.

Were they quoting for removing the head as thats not strictly necessary.

As for the best head gasket, well its generally accepted that the stock one is pretty damn good and not a bad price. You do not need to fit a thicker head gasket if your increasing the boost pressure.

Sorry i can't help with garages in the North West.