PDA

View Full Version : Headlight adjustment

chiefgroover
21st September 2004, 04:24 PM
I have been trying to align my headlights since the car has been lowered. The drivers one is very tricky as when i adjust the dip beam it goes off line inside the headlight looking like someone pushed it to the side!. Do we have anyone in the forum who is experiened at this task? http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/help.gif

nickaitken
28th September 2004, 08:59 AM
right as I used to do this for MOT's there is normally two adjusters one to adjust the side movement and one for height the only problem in doing this is that you need a "headlight projection measurment too" as there is a certain height in accordance with MOT regulations as to which height your beams sit at in relation to the height of your car best getting a garage to do this as you might set them too high or two low I dunno if the supra has the headlight adjustment button inside that is marked with wee numbers normally 1 - 3 and if you move the slider it will lower the headlights

chiefgroover
28th September 2004, 10:49 PM
Tonight at last I got it sussed. The white 8mm plastic nut on the back of the levelling motor (down low in the middle) is the height for both the dip and main beam. Of the two metal long screws at the top, the inner one moves the pair side to side, and the outer adjusters are for the fog lamps. Easy when you know how and a royal pain when you dont :-)