PDA

View Full Version : Reas shock absorber system

chiefgroover
1st December 2004, 12:02 AM
What exactly is the REAS shock absorber system?

Nathan
1st December 2004, 09:41 AM
A pain in the backside from what (admittedly little) I know about it. The only person I know who has it is/was Mike Lavery on his VVT-i and his fitter wouldn't fit the Eibach springs he bought because it would mean disconnecting the oil lines that go to the shocks from the remote reservoirs.

The last chat I had with Mike revolved around him dumping the lot and fitting a coil over system because no-one could find any data on bleeding the system/what oil to use/any set-up data if and when he did decide to pull the lines/electrics off the REAS shocks.

Like I say, we never looked at the car, this is just what I heard. I think it was from ToyodaTech who I do hold in high regard.

chiefgroover
1st December 2004, 10:13 AM
Active struts I take it then, while in theory i think active is the biz, if its going to be a load of hassle I'll steer clear!.
Thanks for that Nathan.

Nathan
1st December 2004, 11:45 AM
Yep, it's an active system. Sorry, I thought you already knew that. I think it actually works pretty well, it just seems that if you want to change the factory setup in any way you have to bin the whole shebang. Mike didn't really have a problem with the OE system AFAIK, it was just that after fitting 19's the wheelarch gap looked a little too big and he wanted to just drop it a little. That was when the can opened and a load of wriggly things came out http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif