PDA

View Full Version : Milometer

Clayton
5th December 2004, 04:29 PM
When my garage electronically de limited the car they changed the trip from kilo readout to miles, this is fine but the kilometer reading is still there only it states miles, which now gives me a false reading, to anyone it will seam that the car has done more miles than it really has, when i asked him about this he said he could do nothing about it. While i do not want to get into 'clocking' the car it would be nice if i could get the correct digital readout. any of you wise men out there have any brainwaves. TA. http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/worship.gif

Cuthbert
6th December 2004, 01:09 AM
I think a bit more info is needed. There's more km to the mile than miles to the km. is it perhaps that they didn't change the dash facia so although the odo is in miles, but it states it's units as km? or is it the other way around?

Clayton
7th December 2004, 05:35 AM
Cuthbert. when i was de limited it automatically set the milometer to read in road miles rather than kilo. this was from the time it was done. so the readout before it went to the garage was in kilo circa 70k kilometers. and once it left the garage it clocked in miles, ( and the little miles letters now reads .eg 70k. miles rather than 70k. kilo)but the 70k. was still there, only now it looks as if it is 70k miles. for instance, if i have now done 80k. on the digital readout then to get the true milage i have to take the first 70k. and divide it by 0.6124 to convert to miles and then add the next 10k. as miles to give me a true total mileage of 50k. miles. what i would like to do is see the 50k. on my readout as if i try to move the car on would anyone swallow my explanation for the extra miles although the garage has stated this on my receipt. i wish they had left it tripping in kilos now, anyone help. hard to get a handle on but others have prob. got a similar prob.

Cuthbert
7th December 2004, 11:54 AM
Hmmm, know what you mean about clocking the car etc.. but I don't see why this can't be done so it reads true in absolute miles. I've never had a conversion done before so i can't really talk from experience. Anyone else got any experience of this?

Martin F
7th December 2004, 07:31 PM
I know the milometers can be clocked up but not sure if they can be clocked round. In which case a new milometer from Toyota may be an option then have this clocked up to the correct mileage.

Bit of a dodgy subject this one, so there's only one place to go.............................

the small ad's in the Exchange & Mart and Autotrader http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Col
7th December 2004, 07:39 PM
My car is the same. The first 70000 are kilometers on mine, everything after that is miles. I think i have some paperwork to go with it though as proof.