PDA

View Full Version : Hks hypermax 2

chiefgroover
25th March 2005, 09:23 PM
Whats your favourite settings, I've just got mine and wil fit shortly?, you guys can fast track me to suspension good times :-)

Martin F
25th March 2005, 10:09 PM
This would be good info but not sure how many people are running these.

Clayton
26th March 2005, 08:44 AM
Great question chief, am expecting mine from paul in the next week so any answers would be good

Clayton
31st March 2005, 11:44 AM
just got my hypermax 2 units, all the instructions are in an asian dialect, the adjusting nuts seem to be about half way, i take it that this is about middle stiffness, how many turns should i do at a time for example i want to lighten or stiffen them, also there is a little tool which i take it adjusts the height , again do i turn them clock or anti to lower and by how much at a time. these questions might seem straightforward but it would be very easy to loose count of the turns and end up with out of balance units. i have asked the supplier and all he comes back with is" its pretty straightforward." It seems to me that when you spend that amount on any mech. product and get no operating, fitting and maintenance in a language you can understand something is wrong, when the man. ships the units with instructions (albeit in some hyrglyphic form) he means for them to be used

dunk shaw
31st March 2005, 03:17 PM
Quote[/b] (Clayton @ Mar. 31 2005,12:44)]just got my hypermax 2 units, all the instructions are in an asian dialect, the adjusting nuts seem to be about half way, i take it that this is about middle stiffness, how many turns should i do at a time for example i want to lighten or stiffen them, also there is a little tool which i take it adjusts the height , again do i turn them clock or anti to lower and by how much at a time. these questions might seem straightforward but it would be very easy to loose count of the turns and end up with out of balance units. i have asked the supplier and all he comes back with is" its pretty straightforward." It seems to me that when you spend that amount on any mech. product and get no operating, fitting and maintenance in a language you can understand something is wrong, when the man. ships the units with instructions (albeit in some hyrglyphic form) he means for them to be used
Now your just asking for too much Clayton http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif you'll want them fitting next http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/outahere.gif

Can you post a pickie of what youve got

Clayton
31st March 2005, 05:00 PM
how about these puppies dunk, fitting them is no prob.but the small manual i have is full of sketches and info,surely it isnt to much to ask to be able to read it. it throws up all sorts of questions, the obvious one is , . are the front and back setups correct across the car, how many turns would it take to drop the sus. half an inch, what are the torque settings etc, can think of lots more. also if i do something out sync with the manual does it nullify my warranty. be warned if someone is sourcing something 4 u outside GB, make sure you get inst. in English. oops forgot piccie

Clayton
31st March 2005, 05:03 PM
here they are

six_impressive_hours
7th April 2005, 11:56 AM
They look the part all right.. How do they compare with the tein street racer coil overs in price/performance?

cheers

dunk shaw
7th April 2005, 01:08 PM
Any joy with setting up your hypermax 2's Clayton ?

Heres a pickie of my tein flex kit

The yellow arrow adjusts the shock damping which you turn clock or anti clock (count the clicks im afraid) i'd go for somewhere in the middle and take it from there.
The blue (double locking rings) lets you set the spring pre load.
The pink (single locking ring) lets you set the ride height of the car.

dunk shaw
7th April 2005, 01:15 PM
Hmmm just looked back at your hypermax and there not that similar to my tein's, can you adjust the ride height with those ?

Clayton
7th April 2005, 03:03 PM
Hi guys , havent fitted my hypers yet, got a week off in a week so looking forward to doing that and other things ie. getting my wheels back to shiny, then , on the question of ride height, yes they are tuned from an allen key at the top centre, which way i am not sure but i will ask paul, the spring setting is straight forward. going back to my sore point, if i had English inst. i would not have to ask any one.
Want a chuckle, i had a brainwave, why not send a copy to Swansea uni. languages dept. give the students something to go at and make a few bob for the uni. at the same time, just had a quote back, to translate 11 pages , some have very little text mainly diagrams ?1450. Now then i could get on a plane fly to hypermax in Tokyo have them to decypher and have change for a quick massage and a big mac.

Col
7th April 2005, 06:03 PM
I have the same problem with my JIC suspension. All instructions are in japanese and on my last MOT they said my front right suspension is alot softer then the rest. I too have allen key to tighten it up (it even says on the key which way to turn) but it just seems to turn and turn. How do i get them all even http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif I guess i'll find out in October when it gets tested again.

chiefgroover
14th April 2005, 10:42 PM
Hypermax2 gets the thumbs up from me, easy to adjust too.

Clayton
19th April 2005, 01:24 PM
just fitted my new hypermax 11 suspension, a bit of a tussle whilst lying on your back, would have been really straighforward with a ramp. got to let it bed in now before i adjust it. compared with the chair legs that was on there it rides beautifully.
Glad to see you are happy with yours chief, can i ask you, "do you turn the central height adjuster clock or anti clock to lower the car, and does it take many turns to lower it say 1/2 inch. (dont really want trial and error)
Also thanks to Paul at whifbitz for a good price and info. received.

chiefgroover
19th April 2005, 03:47 PM
Quote[/b] ]"do you turn the central height adjuster clock or anti clock to lower the car, and does it take many turns to lower it say 1/2 inch.

The central adjusted is for the damper settings and does not affect ride height. Anti-clockwise is for softer etc.

Ride height adjustment is done be undoing the locknut at the bottom of the spring. The upper bit then lets you adjust the ride height and then relock. I put the front up 3 full turns.
Damper settings I use are full off on the rear, and four up on the front for general driving. Faster road work I go 4 up on the rear and 8 to 10 on the front. Will be doing some track work hopefully on the 2nd May, I'll let you know what works for me on the track.
If i have a long run to do and i know its going to be traffic / slow I just wind them fully soft.
Not sure of your driving style, but if you dont push on much you may as well enjoy the comfort of the softest settings which actually handle rather well.
I am personally convinced that TRD front bushes are the best way to get rid of understeer. Takes a full day to put them in! :;):

Clayton
19th April 2005, 05:49 PM
Thanks for that chief, i'm a numpty aint i, its obvious that the centre screw is for the damper settings by looking at it, probably got so carried away by the test ride (all my steering vibration and tramlining gone in one hit) that i was not thinking straight, must carry on with my Japanese lessons though lol. cheers again mate. http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/outahere.gif

chiefgroover
19th April 2005, 08:09 PM
I have notices that it takes a good 30 to 40 miles of b road driving for new damper settings to "settle in". I would imagine on the track 3 laps would do it. Or maybe this is just mine beaking in? time will tell.