PDA

View Full Version : Rear disc removal

~Rob~
15th September 2005, 03:30 PM
hey guys,

im just trying to remove my rear disk / drum assembly but cant find the adjuster to loosen the drum shoes. any hints on where it is?

cheers.

Martin F
15th September 2005, 04:29 PM
You shouldn't need to loosen the adjuster to get them off, not unless drums are severely worn.

Adjuster is at the botton of the drum\hub, there should be a hole in the disk which can line up with this.

Should just be a case of making sure the handbrake is off (you have released the handbrake haven't you? ) then using two bolts in the holes provided to ease disk off.

~Rob~
15th September 2005, 05:29 PM
u have to release the handbrake?! http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif only joking, course i have. i found the adjuster and got it pretty loose but didnt have any luck gettin the disk off. ive gie up now for the night, its p**sing down!
i didnt realise i could put a screw in them holes. are they threaded or something, so thqat when the scrw is tightened it forces off the disk?

i seem to have a problem too with the new DBA's too. theyve sent me UK spec fronts for my front, and Jap spec fronts for my rear!! not impresed at all!!!

Martin F
15th September 2005, 05:48 PM
Quote[/b] (~Rob~ @ Sep. 15 2005,18:29)]i didnt realise i could put a screw in them holes. are they threaded or something, so thqat when the scrw is tightened it forces off the disk?
Yep, not sure what thread but if you have a few odd bolts to hand it won't take long to figure it out.

~Rob~
15th September 2005, 06:16 PM
sweet, ill have a go! cheers mate.

Cuthbert
15th September 2005, 08:16 PM
I'd guess at an M6 or M8

Chris Wilson
17th September 2005, 11:24 AM
Star wheel behind the hole that goes right through disc and hub, normally has a small rubber bun in it, Flat bladed screwdriver will turn it. 2 8mm x 1.25 pitch bolts (std metric thread 8 mm bolts) will thread into disc holes and push it off without recourse to beating hell out of the disc and hub bearings with a hammer.