PDA

View Full Version : Fidanza flywheel

Chris Rocks
31st October 2005, 07:58 PM
Anyone runnning a Fidanza Flywheel ?

coupled to what clutch ?

opinions of the FW ?

currently running the stock FW with no complaints, but debating changing to try a lightened FW.

cheers

-c-

Nodalmighty
31st October 2005, 08:21 PM
Quote[/b] (Chris Rocks @ Oct. 31 2005,19:58)]Anyone runnning a Fidanza Flywheel ?

coupled to what clutch ?

opinions of the FW ?

currently running the stock FW with no complaints, but debating changing to try a lightened FW.

cheers

-c-
I've heard they are cheap for a good reason http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

The UR and RPS ones are ment to be better quality and I believe they can be bought as a clutch package for extra savings.

Nod.

Chris Rocks
31st October 2005, 08:44 PM
cheers Nod.

I`ll give it some thought over the winter..

stock FW will do me for now.

-c-

Chris Wilson
31st October 2005, 10:03 PM
IMO the best set up is the OS Giken twin plate package. Nice smooth clutch, VERY well engineered linkage, all spares seperately and quickly available. The flywheel is well made from moly steel too. If the fidanza is an alloy flywheel with bolted on steel clutch friction ring I'd avaoid it. that sort of thing is not really for a road car, and is passe on a race car.

Nodalmighty
31st October 2005, 10:42 PM
Quote[/b] (Chris Wilson @ Oct. 31 2005,22:03)]IMO the best set up is the OS Giken twin plate package. Nice smooth clutch, VERY well engineered linkage, all spares seperately and quickly available. The flywheel is well made from moly steel too. If the fidanza is an alloy flywheel with bolted on steel clutch friction ring I'd avaoid it. that sort of thing is not really for a road car, and is passe on a race car.
Chris is right, I've driven a few big power supra's on the twin Giken setup and it's got pedal pressures and take up like ya mums Ford Fiesta. It held 800 fwhp on the dyno and didn't have one hint of an issue with it (even though the last 100bhp was NOS delivered). They are mega light flywheels too (unless this one had had some extra fettle) as it had a throttle response like a FireBlade.