PDA

View Full Version : Volk CE 28's

STU T
28th March 2006, 02:04 PM
Hi people. I've a set of bronze volk ce 28's on my soop, an was wondering wot the best thing is to clean them with ?. I didn't no if it was ok to use normal alloy wheel cleaner on them, or if it'd damage the finish. Any of you guys got similar wheels, or any idea's wot i could use ?.

~Rob~
4th April 2006, 11:09 AM
i use Autoglym wheel cleaner on my wheels, this stuff seems quite acidic though. it even states on the back of the bottle 'do not leave in contact with the wheel for more than 1 minute'.
im not sure on the finish of the volks but would assume that one of them natural cleaners, acid free etc would surfice! that, a sponge and some elbow grease!
i also find that giving them a good wax each week helps to stop the brake dust and other shite sticking to them as easily, therefore they clean easier.

dont be afraid of elbow grease!

dunk shaw
6th April 2006, 06:17 AM
Wouldnt go anywhere near my wheels with 99% of the alloy wheel cleaners that you can get.
Regular cleaning with a non corrosive cleaning agent is the only way to go and also dont clean them when there hot.
The waxing afterwards certainly helps keep them looking good for longer but afraid this countries weather etc will take its toll eventually no matter what you do.