PDA

View Full Version : Halfords....Tossers!!!!!

supra dave
15th April 2006, 02:42 PM
Went on a mission to day to try and get a front number plate done for my car, for a trip to southend tonight.

Went to a boy racer special only to be told "sorry we dont have black vinyl for the lettering, call in again about thursday", sweet. so popped down to my local Halfords in Harlow, and whta a pleasure it was. Ever thought that you were part of a Little Britain skech, no , well try these cock heads. "Computer says no". so bowled in there asked them for a square motorebike plate cos i think the car one looks too big. "Sorry cant do that". ok well can i take the square car one to see how it looks, Yes, shes says. good. except i had looked at it and decided i will go for a stick on normal plate. " sorry cant do the stick on, we have these bolts you can use". so i kndlytook me and my bad mouth out side.

Question is what is the regulations about number plate, cos to me its a very shadey area. and if i cant get the one i wantm ill just carry on driving with out one on the front like i have been for the last 6 months.

Suprash
15th April 2006, 03:30 PM
Mate by law your supposed to produce documents now when getting number plates made, and they arent allowed to make up anything fancy, except the standard sizes and lettering.............

..........so you need to visit www.fancyplates.com, might be .co.uk, but there a web site that makes all different style of plates, any size, odd measurements, lettering, logos and fonts. Reliable service and on your door step within a couple of days......loads have used them in the past and the're solid ;)

Martin F
15th April 2006, 05:32 PM
Ash has it spot on, somewhere like Halfrauds won't even entertain dodgy sized, lettered plates.

You have to use either small shop who are shall we say are a bit more flexible, or one of the many online places like fancyplates.

Carlsupratoy
15th April 2006, 05:47 PM
Got mine made by a company called showplates, probably easy enough to find their website. They put a sticker on each one saying something like "not suitable for highway use" to absolve themselves of blame when you get nicked. So far in 18 months I only got stopped and told off once.

:D

supra dave
16th April 2006, 12:33 AM
i had the docs, wich is a log book and driving licience. well thats the thing, i dont want nything fancy just a normal size, norrmal shape plate, with normal lettering, but anly as a vinyl to stick on my bumper. they wouldnt even do that. oh well thanks for advice guys. gonna wait till mmiddle of next week to get it from the other place

Cheers

Dave

dunk shaw
16th April 2006, 06:30 AM
i just went to a local carshop and bought stick on numbers and a stick on plate job done but was about 6 months ago,

i could pop back and see if they still do the sticky plates and numbers if you like ?

Martin F
16th April 2006, 09:07 AM
i dont want nything fancy just a normal size, norrmal shape plate, with normal lettering, but anly as a vinyl to stick on my bumper. they wouldnt even do that.

It's still illegal, thats why they wouldn't do it.:coolpeek:

supra dave
16th April 2006, 01:13 PM
ok that explains it..

wel way i look at it is better to have one then not one at all... lol

cheers for posts people.

Dunk

no worries mate te place i went before will do any plate as long as i sign a declaration to state that i know it is for show. even if it is only a sticky that makes it illegal..

thanx again peeps

AndyDunn
21st April 2006, 07:54 PM
I've got a sticky on the front, no probs........yet! ;)