PDA

View Full Version : someone help me.

baz
15th May 2006, 11:53 AM
has anyone got a pic of the sensor on the second cat on a uk car?

ive had trouble fitting my second decat pipe. the pipe ive bought has a large threaded hole for the sensor, but the sensor on the car seams to have been held on with two small bolts?

can someone throw some light on this for me?

cheers baz

Martin F
15th May 2006, 12:08 PM
Large threaded hole sounds like a wideband O2 bung\holder. But that could be the same as the CAT temp sensor on a Jap spec car as i've not actually seen the second sensor on a Jap spec.

The two holed sensor which fits over threaded posts is the same second sensor as i have on my car.

baz
15th May 2006, 12:31 PM
is there any way that i can fit this to my car? it should do, as i bought it off someone on here with a uk car. and it had been fitted. hopefully someone will have some ideas for me.

cheers bazz

Suprash
15th May 2006, 01:33 PM
is there any way that i can fit this to my car? it should do, as i bought it off someone on here with a uk car. and it had been fitted. hopefully someone will have some ideas for me.

cheers bazz

Ditch the cat sensors, if you havent got them anymore theres really no need to keep the sensor, there is a mod as well you can do to stop the cat lights coming on......

Then get yourself an O2/wideband sensor and get that in there..........then you can check your air/fuel ratios....;)

Martin F
15th May 2006, 02:35 PM
Ditch the cat sensors, if you havent got them anymore theres really no need to keep the sensor, there is a mod as well you can do to stop the cat lights coming on......

It's not a CAT sensor but a second O2 sensor on a UK spec car, which also doesn't have a CAT light :doh:

Allegedly it does make a change to the way the car fuels if its not refitted, however i ran my car for a couple of years with it just tied up out of the way.

Suprash
15th May 2006, 02:39 PM
My bad, I presumed it was for the CAT sensor..........in that case Baz, fit it :twisted:

baz
15th May 2006, 02:48 PM
It's not a CAT sensor but a second O2 sensor on a UK spec car, which also doesn't have a CAT light :doh:

Allegedly it does make a change to the way the car fuels if its not refitted, however i ran my car for a couple of years with it just tied up out of the way.

so, am i right in thinking that if i plug the threaded hole up and tie up the sensor somwhere safe that everything will be ok??? dont want to take the chance of it damaging my engine?????

Martin F
15th May 2006, 02:58 PM
You should be OK, as i say i was for a good couple of years.

But as you have the tools at your disposal, why not make up a plate with a couple of threaded posts (bolts) and have the current boss knocked off and a new one welded on in its place :D

Long term, thats what i would do, short term just tie it our of the way. :)

baz
15th May 2006, 03:26 PM
u wouldnt have a drawing of the flange by any chance? would definatly do the job myself. chris wilson as offered to do it for me, but i would rather do the job as money is a bit tight at the mo. (new house and a girlfriend to feed) lol

baz

Martin F
15th May 2006, 03:33 PM
Nope, afraid not. Get under there and measure it yourself you lazy bugger :p

Cuthbert
15th May 2006, 04:33 PM
Baz, my cats are in the garage at the mo, I can take a few pics & some measurements if you want.
I ran mine with sensor off for about 4-5months, the only effect was a slight increase in petrol consumption.

baz
16th May 2006, 05:20 AM
Baz, my cats are in the garage at the mo, I can take a few pics & some measurements if you want.
I ran mine with sensor off for about 4-5months, the only effect was a slight increase in petrol consumption.

if u could do that for me that would be brill, havent got use of a pit, otherwise idget under there and measure it.

might be a bit of valid info for other members also?:coolpeek:

cheers baz

andyw3000
16th May 2006, 01:45 PM
can someone please stop the rain as im desperate to polish my car.... inc new alloys thanks.. (i think its paul mcartneys fault) p.s im a bit bored..

baz
16th May 2006, 01:57 PM
can someone please stop the rain as im desperate to polish my car.... inc new alloys thanks.. (i think its paul mcartneys fault) p.s im a bit bored..

:wtf:

i thought this thread was about my lamba sensor.....not your weather situation!

wash it before japfest and not before!:haha:

Cuthbert
16th May 2006, 08:07 PM
Baz, will do.

andyw3000
17th May 2006, 08:08 AM
ok heres a serious question.. my car has a bit of a knock from the wheel areas (i cant pinpoint it) whenever i go over a bump/pothole and when i get on uneven road surfaces (plenty around) the car tends to wander a bit.. when i got my wheels fitted i was under the front and the shocker is a bit damp i think its more sinister, can anyone recommend a trustworthy garage round blyth/newcastle who will suss it out and give me a reasonable quote? i got stung last time i needed work doin.. cheers...

Martin F
17th May 2006, 08:15 AM
It may be an idea to start your own thread with this question as it has no relation to Baz's O2 sensor one.

Create a new thread in the Chassis section

andyw3000
17th May 2006, 09:04 AM
ok.. new to all this so keep me right.. cheers

suprarob
17th May 2006, 09:58 AM
:hijacked: :laugh:

double highjack :D

I think I,ll go for three

Baz were is my cover :twisted:

dunk shaw
18th May 2006, 06:22 AM

You shouldnt be washing your car :hand: dont you know theres a drought on :twisted: :hijacked:
Sorry baz couldnt resist:console:

Back to your topic,
I made this plate up and had it welded to my hks de cat pipe as a certain company forgot to mention there was no lamba sensor fittment on it.
If i can get it on a ramp i'll take a pickie and some measurements.

baz
18th May 2006, 06:28 AM
your a star dunk

dunk shaw
22nd May 2006, 07:53 AM
ok baz here you go

dunk shaw
22nd May 2006, 07:56 AM
sorry baz ive shrunk it too much,,,, f**king pc's.

but length is 63mm, width 36mm, stud centers 44mm with 8mm dia studs 20mm long, 16.5mm dia hole in center.

dunk

baz
22nd May 2006, 08:32 AM
how thick is the plate dunk? 5mm?

cheers baz

dunk shaw
22nd May 2006, 09:36 AM
6mm - 8mm would be fine then you can get 5 full threads in it for the
M8 studs.

baz
22nd May 2006, 09:59 AM
ive made it all dunk.....question tho.. im going to spot weld the studs in from the back end, so they dont turn when the sensor is put on. will this cause any problems??? i would have thought that the sensor is held on with nuts? is this the case?

cheers baz

dunk shaw
22nd May 2006, 04:15 PM
ive made it all dunk.....question tho.. im going to spot weld the studs in from the back end, so they dont turn when the sensor is put on. will this cause any problems??? i would have thought that the sensor is held on with nuts? is this the case?

cheers baz

Not sure about spot welding but def mig it or oxy/acetalene with a rod just give yourself a good 1.5 x 45 degree chamfer to weld into, i guess theres probly a type of loctite that would do it as well, ie stud lock etc
Nuts and lock washers, the serated type as they dont come undone, nylocks might melt !!

baz
30th May 2006, 08:52 AM
job done, and fitted.

cheers for ur help dunk.

dunk shaw
30th May 2006, 04:17 PM
No prob Baz