PDA

View Full Version : dashboard conversions/delimiters

andyw3000
13th June 2006, 06:44 PM
my knocking is under investigation, however i need my dash converting to mph, i know a guy who was recommended on these pages, but he said he can only convert, what i need is someone who can convert and change the dials to an mph one ,and what top speed should be on it? i can only find them with 110 mph on,and what sort of top speed should i be getting? as i cant make it go over 115 or so,, (on the track of course) i made a homemade speedo (which is more complicated than i thought) but it keeps me out of speed camera trouble. so my question is...is it limited?? and if so i need that off,, see the previous paragraph.. sorry if i rambled on a bit, but im rubbish at supras and that.. but im learning all the time.. (p.s, my bird got jealous of my soop and bought a brand new mr2 convertible to compensate,, the power of these motors is awesome.. cheers lads..

suprarob
13th June 2006, 11:34 PM
Thor is probably your best bet

if you can,t get over about 115 mph then it will probably still be restricted

click on links
speedo converter http://www.thor-racing.co.uk/DSC-00100007.asp

top speed delimiter http://www.thor-racing.co.uk/TSD-abc00021.asp

and dial kits so it says MPH http://www.thor-racing.co.uk/Toyota_Supra_MkIV_Dial_Ki-THOR00008.asp

Hope this helps

andyw3000
14th June 2006, 08:00 PM
thanks for that i will go for the delimiter as a bloke reckons he can sort the conversion. i found some white plasma dials on e-bay but for an mr2 however when i contacted the seller he said he would have mk4 dials in white with stunning night glow in about 3 months... approx 40.00 easy fit......apparently.

Martin F
14th June 2006, 08:11 PM
Just a word of caution, make sure your man who fits the mph conversion reads the install instructions for a MKIV in the link above. We have quite a few people who join the club asking about this problem, that problem etc, and a lot of the time it comes back to being a cheap speedo converter which has been fitted incorrectly.

There are a lot of ECUs in the Supra which use the speed signal so its important to have the conversion done properly, even more so if your car is an auto.

Also fitting the dials is one of those jobs that seems very easy but can go very wrong. There's been a couple of threads on here about the best ways of fitting them, including using a couple of spoons to lever off the needles and taking pictures with a camera before removing the needles etc. I bet if you actually do a search for spoons it will be the speedo dial threads that come up :D

Just trying to save you going down the same route some people have in the past.

andyw3000
14th June 2006, 08:35 PM
ok, cheers i saw the threads you mentioned, the place im going is an authorised sva gaff type thing, also the delimiter is off the thor link so fingers crossed. next time im going to look for a uk spec.... haha

god father wheels
29th July 2006, 08:29 PM
Hi Andy when I got my supra the guy had just had the limiter taken off. All he did to the speedo was blanked out the K for KMPH so it just says MPH.
By the way jap spec cars are limited to 112mph thats why the speedos are up to 180KMPH

reagards john