PDA

View Full Version : Air con fuse ?

n2tck1704
22nd June 2006, 09:07 AM
Had a new compressor fitted, but when it is turned on it blows the fuse in the drivers footwell. Also no cold air. Took it back to the garage and they say as old compressor was seized it has debris in the system, needs flushing/new receiver drier. Went to another garage and they say it needs re-gassing. I have done the air con diagnostiv and the auto button flashes. Cannot get any real answers as to why the fuse blows when the air con switch ids pushed. Could the compressor have been wire up incorrectly? Please help

Suprash
22nd June 2006, 06:52 PM
Sorry I cant help with your issue, but can I ask how much a new compressor was ?

Martin F
22nd June 2006, 07:09 PM
Stupid question, but you did replace it with the correct rating of fuse ?

If its going after a few minutes then it's most likely at the point when the clutch engages. Can you verify this by watching the centre of the pulley and seeing if the fuse goes at the same time as it starts to turn. I

On another note if somebody fitted it for you and you now have this problem why don't you take it back and tell them to sort it?

suprarob
22nd June 2006, 07:30 PM
As martin say,s

try the simple things first

but if it gets complicated here is a link
http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/ac/AC_01.html

just keep clicking next page :)

Oh yes welcome to the forum :)

n2tck1704
23rd June 2006, 09:37 AM
Sorry I cant help with your issue, but can I ask how much a new compressor was ?
$325 from the US