PDA

View Full Version : Riot on the cards at Brooklyn!

Gambit
14th July 2006, 08:14 AM
I recently ordered some parts from Brooklyn Ford in Worcester, as they are the dealer for Toyota parts in this area.
I did not know the part numbers for what I wanted, so I took in the report form I got from the garage that I took it to last. The report form said "Front calliper slides badly worn and boots split".
Myself and a man from Brooklyn went through the microfiche, but couldn't find calliper slides, so we picked up on the nearest looking item called "piston, disc br" part No: T47731-14130 @ ?14.48 X2
Martin is probably laughing his ass off at this moment at the fact I ordered 2 Pistons.

The Problem:
I tried to return them to Brooklyn(Assholes) with a receipt and they said "Sorry but we can't take returns on Toyota parts especially not import cars".

The receipt says nothing about non returnable!

Thoughts?

UltraFlynn
14th July 2006, 08:31 AM
Refunds
You are entitled to your money back if there is a fault with the goods, or they are any of the following:

Unsatisfactory quality
Not fit for their purpose
Misdescribed (not what they are supposed to be)

You must be able to prove that the fault was present when the goods were sold. The burden of proof is on the consumer.

Even if you have used the goods a few times, you are probably still entitled to a refund. However, if you have had some use from the goods, the trader may make a reduction from the original price when refunding the money.

If you have not had a reasonable opportunity to check the goods, you could possibly be entitled to a refund if you complain at a later date.

However, since the 31st March 2003, the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations give you parallel or alternate rights. Instead of a refund, you may choose to ask for a replacement or a repair. Goods which do not conform to the contract within the six months after they were delivered are presumed to have been faulty when you got them. In these cases, you do not have to prove the fault was present when the goods were sold. Instead, the trader must prove that the fault was not present when the goods were sold. The burden of proof is on the trader.

If a repair or replacement is not available or turns out to be unsuitable, you could then ask for a refund. Contact Consumer Direct for further advice.

linky (http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/your-rights/fs_c04.shtml#4)

You used their expertise to identify the items you were going to order. The wrong parts turned up. Sounds to me like they were "Misdescribed".

bromy
14th July 2006, 08:01 PM
Unless you have a very good parts guy who knows what they are talking about then they always want the money up front and wont budge if the parts are incorrect, for the northwest I can recommend Bentleys Toyota at Warrington

Martin F
14th July 2006, 08:41 PM
I think you should go in and try speaking to the manager and explain your situation to him, if he doesn't seem to want to play ball start kicking up a fuss and may be worth mentioning about you'll have to call Toyota head office for advice.

Them throwing in the old line on imports is not in keeping with Toyota's service policy.

Its unusual to hear of the slides wearing as they usually just get stuck because of the rubbers spliting\perishing. I'm assuming its the slide boots that have split, not the piston ones.

So for future reference:

Slide Rubber boots: 47775-50010 (2 per caliper required)
Slide Pins: 47715-24010 (2 per caliper required)

The slide and piston boots do actually come in the caliper refurb kit (Part No: 04479-14120) which may be a better option, one kit does two calipers.

andyw3000
16th July 2006, 09:18 PM
contact the OFT or at least threaten to.. i done it a couple of times with other traders/shops etc.. its amazing the affect this has on people.....theres just no need

silversoup
17th July 2006, 10:31 PM
hey mate,
just wondered have u sorted ur parts out yet???