PDA

View Full Version : New Prima Products In Stock!

Alex Creasey
17th July 2006, 06:32 AM
Hi All,

Two new Prima products that are now available from SP.

Prima Amigo Polymer Glaze 473ml - RRP ?12.99
A Unique polymer based glaze. It fills light surface imperfections while prepping the paint for the application of a synthetic wax / sealant. Amigo leaves a glossy, slick finish which is especially stunning on darker paints, yet works very well on any colour. Prima Amigo offers the properties of a fine glaze without impeding the bond of a synthetic wax / sealant. With Prima Amigo, you can fill it then seal it.
Amigo contains no silicones or waxes and is dust free.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d173/SeriousPerformance/Wax/amigo.jpg

Prima Epic Synthetic Sealant 473ml - RRP ?15.99
Prima Epic is the highly-anticipated sealant addition to the Prima Family. It is a long-lasting synthetic wax with a brilliant wet-look shine. The combination of resins and polymers creates a barrier which protects against UV and environmental damage. The super-slick finish is extremely dust resistant. Prima Epic can be layered for extra slickness and protection. Epic is non-dusting as well as easy on, easy off.
Prima Epic is a custom formula made to Detailers Paradise specifications. The result is a bright, wet gloss with fantastic slickness. In order to get greater durability, we reduced the amount of emulsifier. As a result some separation in the bottle will occur. This is normal. Prior to use, a good shaking is necessary. We felt the added durability was worth a little shaking. In the end, you will have a stunning wet-look shine with Epic durability.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d173/SeriousPerformance/Wax/epic.jpg

Usual MSOC discount applies: 10% by cheque or 6.5% by Paypal. Cheque payment details are on the website. Paypal address is serious_performance@hotmail.com
(don't forget the underscore between 'serious' and 'performance'.

Any questions feel free to call me, pm or e-mail me at serious_performance@hotmail.com.

Cheers!

UltraFlynn
17th July 2006, 07:20 AM
Are you going to be at JAE?

Alex Creasey
17th July 2006, 08:27 AM
On Sunday, yes. I'll be on the GTROC stand... I'm notrading this year but, can take stuff with me by all means.

Cheers.

UltraFlynn
17th July 2006, 08:43 AM
I'd like to have a chat about waxes, polishes and sealants. I've finished my current supply and need some advice.

Alex Creasey
17th July 2006, 01:00 PM
Thats fine.... My mobile number is on the main website.... Best thing is if you drop me a line while there on the Sunday and we'll have a chat :).

Cheers.

UltraFlynn
17th July 2006, 01:02 PM
Sounds good mate. I assume you're bringing the R33?

Martin F
17th July 2006, 01:02 PM
Hi Alex

Do you know how the Amigo compares to something like G3\Handglaze from 3M? Particularly on new paint.

Alex Creasey
17th July 2006, 06:26 PM
Yes, I'll have the 33 with me... I hope I get some time to give it the once over before the show!!!

Martin - I haven't used the 3M I'm sorry to say.
Compared with a product like Clearkote Vanilla Moose Wax Hand Glaze, it's glossy and clear, as opposed to the VMW being deep and glossy (if that makes sense)? It also has the best swirl hiding ability I've found yet. Again, my biggest seller for this type of thing is VMW or P21S Gloss Enhancing Paint Cleanser, and I think the Amigo has the edge over both.
The main reason for this product being brought out is it is polymer based, rather than being oil and wax heavy, you can use sealants over the top of it without any down turn in durability due to the sealant not bonding properly.
I think once it starts to sell, it will become very popular indeed.

I am aiming to have the car done with Amigo and Epic for JAE as so many people are asking about it, so hopefully it will look quite nice on the day! :).

Cheers.
Alex.

Barney
18th July 2006, 01:33 PM
Alex, Would you recommend using any sort of sealant after using the P21 S wax? If so, would any added benefit to the finish be gained?

Alex Creasey
19th July 2006, 06:47 AM
Hi Barney,

Most people would use a sealant before a wax if your going to use both.
The main reason being is that putting a sealant on top of a wax will effect the bonding of the sealant onto the paintwork, meaning less durability. Putting the Sealant on first will give proper bonding and the typical high shine that a sealant normally gives (a big generalisation), then add the wax on top to deepen the look of the sealants shine, and further enhance protection.

Thats the general idea..... It depends on the look you like etc. I personally like the very high shine you get from sealants and rarely add a wax on top of them anymore..... It's a very popular process though, and even alot of newbies will do tyhe glaze, sealant and waxing, as obviously the quality of shine would in theory be better.

Cheers :).

Barney
19th July 2006, 03:17 PM
Many thanks Alex, I've just learnt something new!

What sealant would you recommend + cost? and would it be possible to pay/ pick it up at JAE?

Alex Creasey
20th July 2006, 07:12 AM
The Prima Epic or Four Star UPP are both excellent... The Prima is slightly deeper finishing than the really reflective finishing UPP. Both are ?15.99 before any disc, Both are easy to use and both are very durable..... The UPP has been the fave for the last year but, I think the Epic may just take it at the mo.
You can by all means pick up at JAE. I'm only there Sunday and although I'm not taking a bootful of stuff up there, I will be taking some stuff for people that have asked to collect... I can take one of each and you can choose if you wish :).

Cheers.
Alex.

Alex Creasey
20th July 2006, 07:14 AM
A couple of pics I took using Amigo and Epic a couple of weeks ago to show reflections but forgot to put up earlier with the first post:
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d173/SeriousPerformance/Skyline/DSC01283640x480.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d173/SeriousPerformance/Skyline/DSC01284640x480.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d173/SeriousPerformance/Skyline/DSC01281640x480.jpg

Cheers :)

UltraFlynn
20th July 2006, 07:20 AM
Awesome finish mate. Looks like liquid.

baz
20th July 2006, 09:03 AM
could u give me a price on both? would it be possible to pick them up a jae off u?

cheers baz

Barney
20th July 2006, 12:39 PM
The Prima Epic or Four Star UPP are both excellent... The Prima is slightly deeper finishing than the really reflective finishing UPP. Both are ?15.99 before any disc, Both are easy to use and both are very durable..... The UPP has been the fave for the last year but, I think the Epic may just take it at the mo.
You can by all means pick up at JAE. I'm only there Sunday and although I'm not taking a bootful of stuff up there, I will be taking some stuff for people that have asked to collect... I can take one of each and you can choose if you wish :).

Cheers.
Alex.

Thanks Alex, if you can take both to JAE I'll choose one when I'm there.

The finish on your car looks stunning, certainly a good advert for your products.

Alex Creasey
20th July 2006, 12:40 PM
Thanks Flynn :).

Baz - ?26.00 for both. I'm only at JAE on Sunday this year.

Barney - Will do mate. Many thanks.

Cheers .
Alex.

~Rob~
20th July 2006, 03:28 PM
excellent pics mate, i think i will be over for a chat on the sunday at JAE. my usual cleaning gear is just running out so will give something new a try!

cheers..

Alex Creasey
20th July 2006, 05:07 PM
Cool, pop over and say hello Rob.... My mob number is on the main site if I'm wandering around, I can then come and find you at some point.

Cheers :).

Martin F
20th July 2006, 10:30 PM
Alex, can you put me down for one of each and will catch up with you at JAE.

Kev.O
20th July 2006, 10:47 PM
Can you put me down for one of each aswell Alex and I'll square up with you on Sunday. Thanks

UltraFlynn
21st July 2006, 06:19 AM
Alex: You'd better bring a supply of products mate!

Alex Creasey
21st July 2006, 06:43 AM
Will do chaps..... Just hope I've got enough of the Amigo! The first batch sent was quite a limited supply....Should be cool :).

Note...Enough for everyone here, just had a manic count of everything left...Plenty! lol....

UltraFlynn
21st July 2006, 06:58 AM
Bring some SP MF cloths (the blue ones) as well mate, I could do with some more.

baz
21st July 2006, 07:00 AM
i put my name down first....hee hee

Barney
21st July 2006, 07:18 AM
Will do chaps..... Just hope I've got enough of the Amigo! The first batch sent was quite a limited supply....Should be cool :).

Note...Enough for everyone here, just had a manic count of everything left...Plenty! lol....

Why not pop a trade stand in the car as well, you could make a killing:D

Seriously, appreciate you sorting us out Alex.

Alex Creasey
21st July 2006, 11:56 AM
Lol... Nah, Supporting the GTROC while not trading this year so don't wanna take the mick.....

Baz - Don't worry dude.... I've got everyone written down :D.