PDA

View Full Version : Saw your stand at JAE so tought i would join.

kamikaze
24th July 2006, 08:42 AM
Hi people,as the title says i saw your stand at JAE but due to being i little bit worse for wear decided against coming over and making a fool of myself lol
Ive had my 1993 NA Supra for nearly 3 weeks now and am loving it.

I was in the 'show and shine' marquee all weekend as my club stand was located there-a good place as it didnt need cleaning after the 'Great Storm of JAE 2006'-nearly lost our marquee at the camping area though resulting in me hanging onto it and getting lifted off the ground much to the amusement of others driving down to help.

eres some pics anyway
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i300/nismoskylineuk/jae010-1.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i300/nismoskylineuk/jae003.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i300/nismoskylineuk/jae001.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i300/nismoskylineuk/jae011.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i300/nismoskylineuk/jae015.jpg
oh yes and how could i forget this one.....
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i300/nismoskylineuk/jae009.jpg

Well may bewith you lot next year who knows

Adam

Barney
24th July 2006, 08:49 AM
Hi Adam, good to have you on board. Pity you didn't come over and introduce yourself at JAE we could have always lent you up against something and stuck a beer in you hand if you were a little unsteady on your feet:D Always more than welcome, being sober isn't a requirement!

Nice looking car, I went over to the show and shine a few times but didn't see it, nevermind hopefully see you and your car at an event sometime soon.

kamikaze
24th July 2006, 08:55 AM
Hi Adam, good to have you on board. Pity you didn't come over and introduce yourself at JAE we could have always lent you up against something and stuck a beer in you hand if you were a little unsteady on your feet:D Always more than welcome, being sober isn't a requirement!

Nice looking car, I went over to the show and shine a few times but didn't see it, nevermind hopefully see you and your car at an event sometime soon.

I wasnt the worst casualty of the evening though-one guy from our club was so bad he allowed himself to be dressed but in dress,stockings and suspenders and make-up by some of the girls and paraded around the showground at 11pm Saturday while handcuffed to one of them-we ended up at the ScoobyCity Stand while danced and sang then dived into there paddling pool....Good times!

baz
24th July 2006, 09:01 AM
hello and welcome fella, im sure u will find this site friendly, infomative, and good value for money........as its free. hee hee

baz

kamikaze
24th July 2006, 09:10 AM
hello and welcome fella, im sure u will find this site friendly, infomative, and good value for money........as its free. hee hee

baz

Spent ?40 on membership fees this year already-i used to have a 300zx and was member to 2 clubs for that and of course i had to change when i got the Supra!

Martin F
24th July 2006, 09:11 AM
You managed to get a club stand in the E of E showground pavilion, now there's and idea for next year :D

I'm sure if you'd have come and visited us on Saturday most of us wouldn't have noticed if you were half cut or not...LOL

Good to have you on board.

kamikaze
24th July 2006, 09:17 AM
You managed to get a club stand in the E of E showground pavilion, now there's and idea for next year :D

I'm sure if you'd have come and visited us on Saturday most of us wouldn't have noticed if you were half cut or not...LOL

Good to have you on board.

We got moved 2 or 3 times before JAE eevn though Nick booked us in early then on the day we arrived on Friday we discovered we had been moved again to a spot that could barely fit my Supra let alone the 35+ miscellanous Jap cars we had so they let us into the the Marquee-Good move conscidering the Typhoon like weather!

UltraFlynn
24th July 2006, 10:15 AM
Welcome mate. I'd much rather have been under the pavilion during the storm but the rest of the weekend I was more than happy where we were.

Love that final picture. Just look at the clouds!

EmmaG
24th July 2006, 07:41 PM
Hi and welcome to the club, you should have come over and said hi ;) most of us were a bit worse for wear especially on Sunday (hey Rob ;) )

VERY nice looking car, so apart from your aftermarket wheels have you done anything else to the car??

Kev.O
24th July 2006, 09:05 PM
Welcome Adam. Lovely car you have there. I'm sure you'll find everything you need on here, if not then just ask!

suprarob
24th July 2006, 09:10 PM
welcome to the club

nice car :)

kamikaze
25th July 2006, 08:28 AM
Hi and welcome to the club, you should have come over and said hi ;) most of us were a bit worse for wear especially on Sunday (hey Rob ;) )

VERY nice looking car, so apart from your aftermarket wheels have you done anything else to the car??

Apart from the wheels,speakers and headunit the car is completely standard-though i did buy some clear side repeaters while i was at JAE-I havent got my plans for the car besides maybe an exhaust,lowering it a tinsy winsy bit and getting the engine bay really clean-Maybe some polishing of the alloy & bling etc but nothing other the top-Just standard parts polished up really.I just cant believe its a 1993 car for the condition its in and my Dad thought it was a 2 year old car on private plates when i got it home lol,supras just look so damn good even though the shape are geting on for 15years old now.Not realy too interested in performance otherwise i would have hung on for a TT but ive had twin turbo cars (300zx) that was always letting me down before and i just cant afford to run one and try to find a house as well at 23.
( I know somebody's going to say 'well a well looked after one wont let you down' but i just just cant afford to risk it anymore lol)
Im more than happy with the NA as its calmed me down a bit where as before i would go off chasing anything that went past so im saving on fuel and ticket fines as well-lol

dunk shaw
23rd August 2006, 04:27 PM
welcome m8 some good photo's there