PDA

View Full Version : Plans for weekend?

~Rob~
28th July 2006, 01:10 PM
im bored at work and was wondering if anyones got an interesting weekend planned??

Im going watching a bridge on the M62 get blown up on saturday night. Highways are demolishing it, closing off the road at 9pm, exploding the bridge at midnight and then clearing it away. ust fancy watching it explode!

and thats about it...

UltraFlynn
28th July 2006, 01:33 PM
Exploding bridges sounds really cool.

I've got a mate coming up to stay for the weekend. We're doing a brewery tour of Greene King on Saturday and then Colchester Zoo on Sunday morning. I'm driving him to the brewery in the Supra so not only will he be p!ssed, he'll be scared on the way home as well!

baz
28th July 2006, 02:14 PM
im going to empty my bank balance and pick my car up. ;-(

and go out on a alldayer on saturday in cardiff yippeeeeeeeee

UltraFlynn
28th July 2006, 02:28 PM
Any rough idea what the damage to the wallet is going to be Baz?

Martin F
28th July 2006, 02:44 PM
Is it fixed then?

After last weekend, will be taking it easy this one and probably doing a bit more on the car. Ohhh how i love lazy weekends :D

UltraFlynn
28th July 2006, 02:51 PM
Lazy weekends. I remember those. They were the sort of weekends before we had kids. :)

dunk shaw
28th July 2006, 03:49 PM
Silverstone classic car weekend, my brothers racing his 1802 beema with Jackie Oliver Ex F1 guy.
Also my old team are there with a very nice rebuilt Shelby Mustang, it was almost totalled the last time it raced and theyve just finished throwing lots of money and time at it, will attempt to take pictures :D

~Rob~
28th July 2006, 03:53 PM
Sounds good Dunk! Get some pics of that Shelby!!

EmmaG
28th July 2006, 06:01 PM
Quiet weekend here, need to do some gardening...as my squashes are taking over ...lol

andyw3000
28th July 2006, 06:21 PM
off to donington for touring cars and not much beer(possibly) pick car up from the mending pixies on monday.. cannot wait,may p**s self

Barney
29th July 2006, 08:47 AM
Yawn................mowing the grass and looking at kitchens...........groan:(

EmmaG
29th July 2006, 09:45 AM
New kitchen Barney???

dunk shaw
29th July 2006, 10:41 AM
Yawn................mowing the grass and looking at kitchens...........groan:(

Get a sit on lawn mower loads of fun :D

Barney
29th July 2006, 10:41 AM
New kitchen Barney???

That's the plan Emma, but we are now on our third set of builders since last Xmas quoting for the job, you'd think we'd asked them to plan and build for a moon landing rather than a kitchen and some building work:wtf:

Having to put up with all the usual builders nonsence, need I say more:rolleyes2:

Just wish I could do it as it would save a whole load of aggro not to mention money:(

Onward and upward as they say.

Barney
29th July 2006, 11:03 AM
Get a sit on lawn mower loads of fun :D

Heh heh, if I had the money and the thing would fit through my side gate I might:D

EmmaG
29th July 2006, 03:02 PM
So Barney is it just a case of new units or appliances as well??

UltraFlynn
30th July 2006, 01:23 PM
http://static.flickr.com/57/201690387_abbefc1326.jpg

~Rob~
30th July 2006, 05:17 PM
Dissapointed with the demoltition company...they blew the bridge up early!! we trecked through a mile n half of mud, wet gress, scaled security fences and finally got to the site...and the bridge had gone!! we then put 2 + 2 together, realising that the three loud bangs we heard around 11.20pm must have been the bridge blowing up! Gutted!

We had fun playing army tough! lol!

dunk shaw
31st July 2006, 06:30 AM
Dissapointed with the demoltition company...they blew the bridge up early!! we trecked through a mile n half of mud, wet gress, scaled security fences and finally got to the site...and the bridge had gone!! we then put 2 + 2 together, realising that the three loud bangs we heard around 11.20pm must have been the bridge blowing up! Gutted!

We had fun playing army tough! lol!

:D

Silverstone was very good, some superb cars, great racing a spitfire flyby and my brother won his class and overall !!
Heres a few pictures.

dunk shaw
31st July 2006, 06:31 AM
more

dunk shaw
31st July 2006, 06:35 AM
some more

dunk shaw
31st July 2006, 06:36 AM
a few more

Martin F
31st July 2006, 08:13 AM
There's a real interesting variation of cars there Dunk, looks like a good day out.

Barney
31st July 2006, 08:43 AM
So Barney is it just a case of new units or appliances as well??

The full monty Emma, my wallet is in severe shock at the thought:D

Barney
31st July 2006, 08:45 AM
:D

Silverstone was very good, some superb cars, great racing a spitfire flyby and my brother won his class and overall !!
Heres a few pictures.

Glad a good day was had by all Dunk, varied cars by the look of it.

UltraFlynn
31st July 2006, 08:49 AM
The full monty Emma, my wallet is in severe shock at the thought:D

I was kitchen shopping as well this weekend. It's a nightmare. Everytime you think you finishing spending money, something else pops up which you hadn't thought of. (And our builders start next week. :( )

Barney
31st July 2006, 09:24 AM
I was kitchen shopping as well this weekend. It's a nightmare. Everytime you think you finishing spending money, something else pops up which you hadn't thought of. (And our builders start next week. :( )

Nightmare just about sums it up....................we haven't got anywhere near builders starting, still trying to get a written quote for builing and trades work, on our third set of builders now! The one we are working with now seems good, but progress is soooooooooooooooo slow.

Hope yours works out Matt, good luck.

dunk shaw
31st July 2006, 10:24 AM
Afraid the building game is a minefield and even if you get the good guys they'll still take the p*ss, im about 2 wks off from being finished but think that will be more like 6wks !! most builders ive come across are :cowboy:'s

dunk shaw
31st July 2006, 10:33 AM
Couldnt begin to list the cars there as there was just about everything a classic nut could want, most there were very friendly and you could get right in with the teams etc.
Had lunch in the Brooklands suite watching the F1 on the tele drinking Champagne and watching the racing out of Bridge and through the complex :coolpeek: then to Jonny herberts Suite right on the start finish line, shall def be going next year:)