PDA

View Full Version : Commuting

UltraFlynn
1st September 2006, 09:38 PM
What a PITA it can be sometimes....

Martin F and I both had the same experience tonight. i.e. no trains. I had to take a train to Stansted Airport and then get on a coach back to Colchester where the only way we could get the coach driver to stop at Marks Tey (the station before Colchester which we had to drive past on our way) was to actually bribe him. :(

I'm lucky though. Tonight was Martin F's 2nd night this week of no trains and a huge ball ache trying to get home.

Moan over .....

EmmaG
1st September 2006, 09:47 PM
Well that is strange Martin told me he got the train home?? but then again he perhaps didn't leave the same time as you.

Martin F
1st September 2006, 09:48 PM
I actually asked the staff at Liverpool St, how could i get to Witham and he had to double check where Witham was......FFS !

When he suggested getting the train to Stansted then bus to Colchester and then getting another train towards the problem area i asked him if he knew whether trains were running in that direction as i wasn't going to just 'give it a go' he didn't know. But when i asked him if he could call Colchester for me and find out I received a blunt 'No'

Wouldn't even find the number for me so i could call them !

Still my frustration was soon dispelled when sitting at Shenfield, people sardined into the carriage and a freight train went through on its way to London !

Customer service at its best !

EmmaG
1st September 2006, 09:51 PM
So there was trains AND buses, so what time did you get a bus Matt??

cossack
1st September 2006, 10:10 PM
i remember i got a train once:D

UltraFlynn
2nd September 2006, 11:20 PM
So there was trains AND buses, so what time did you get a bus Matt??

I got to Stratford at about 1740, caught a train to Stansted at 1820, arrived at Stansted at 1945, caught a replacement bus and got to Marks Tey at about 2100. Total nightmare of a trip home on a Friday night and arrived home at 2115.

The pain continued though because I had to go into London again on the Saturday to get to Twickenham for the rugby and had to suffer a replacement bus service from Chelmsford to Shenfield. I was not best impressed. :(

EmmaG
3rd September 2006, 09:05 AM
I got to Stratford at about 1740, caught a train to Stansted at 1820, arrived at Stansted at 1945, caught a replacement bus and got to Marks Tey at about 2100. Total nightmare of a trip home on a Friday night and arrived home at 2115.

The pain continued though because I had to go into London again on the Saturday to get to Twickenham for the rugby and had to suffer a replacement bus service from Chelmsford to Shenfield. I was not best impressed. :(

hmmmm interesting....

UltraFlynn
3rd September 2006, 10:37 AM
Why is that interesting.... ?

EmmaG
3rd September 2006, 11:34 AM
Nothing to concern you Matt.