PDA

View Full Version : Basingstoke Meet 15th October...

Suprash
22nd September 2006, 10:08 PM
There is a Basingstoke meet organised for the 15th of September, meeting place yet to be arranged but so far there is 17 of us attending, so for a local meet will be a jolly turnout to say the least........

Stick your names down here if your interested and I'll you posted if anyone does......

;) :D

Martin F
22nd September 2006, 10:20 PM
Did you go?

Was it good?

Have you seen the thread in Off-Topic yet, especially for you? :D

Suprash
27th September 2006, 06:23 AM
Did you go?

Was it good?

Have you seen the thread in Off-Topic yet, especially for you? :D

Mart, what happened here, has the board suffered a problem ?? Just that I tried to get on the other day and it couldnt be found :confused:

Edit, My thread title needs changing again to October ;)

Cass
27th September 2006, 08:03 PM
Its looking more like i'm not popping down
M8 as i've got a buyer for my Hyundai coupe so i'll be getting my front end disaster replaced thank fk but if the bumper is not delivered by then and im off work ill be down for the crack.:bike:

Suprash
28th September 2006, 06:30 AM
Shame, I really wanted to shake the hand of a mad man.........:D

But no probs dude, life, it gets right in the way sometime dont it....;)

Still Im starting to feel like a kid at Christmas as I should hopefully pick my car up tomorrow from the garage.......:sheep:

UltraFlynn
28th September 2006, 07:11 AM
Still Im starting to feel like a kid at Christmas as I should hopefully pick my car up tomorrow from the garage.......:sheep:

What work are you having done?

Suprash
28th September 2006, 08:33 AM
What work are you having done?

Loads mate, brand new stock clutch and flywheel are going back in, wish I kept the old when Leon fitted mine, didnt really think at the time, but its amazing what garages probably get to keep. Then Im having the PCV (take note Martin lol....) pipes put out to a catch tank. Had all my intercooler and pipe work flushed through. He is also sorting my creaking front shock when turning on full lock, think its just the spring turning. Also checking my discs to see if they are warping. 12volt fuel pump mod. PWR rad dropped in. Engine oil change with gearbox oil. Think thats about it, might be some other small bits and pieces.........and then Gumball across the Southern Counties on Sat, so I'll pick her up tomorrow, then break her on Saturday no doubt lol.... ;)

UltraFlynn
28th September 2006, 08:58 AM
What was wrong with your uprated clutch and flywheel?

Suprash
28th September 2006, 11:34 AM
What was wrong with your uprated clutch and flywheel?

Nothing I got fed up with it, and wanted better mpg........... ;)

UltraFlynn
28th September 2006, 11:35 AM
In what way did you get fed up with it. Was it too heavy, or too on/off?

Suprash
28th September 2006, 05:34 PM
In what way did you get fed up with it. Was it too heavy, or too on/off?

Idle rattle, and people saying "that dont sound right"......."no, its supposed to be.....ahhhhhh forget it" :D :D

Plus only getting about 10-20k out of each clutch plate...;)

Im not running the BHP that requires that sort of clutch, I was going to go single but as Im staying Hybrid now stock can handle it fine......

Cass
28th September 2006, 05:49 PM
Hmm just had a look at calendar 15th is a sunday and i was thinking no garages are open then so i won't be getting my front end done that day.Aslo i might be on a long weekend from work so i might just be donating some hard earned cash towards the octaine fund and getting my ass down ur bit.Ill pm you nearer the time with my mobile number as im bound to get lost on the way lol.:nos:

UltraFlynn
28th September 2006, 08:28 PM
Idle rattle, and people saying "that dont sound right"......."no, its supposed to be.....ahhhhhh forget it" :D :D

Plus only getting about 10-20k out of each clutch plate...;)

Im not running the BHP that requires that sort of clutch, I was going to go single but as Im staying Hybrid now stock can handle it fine......

10-20k out of each clutch plate is not very good mate. Saying that I doubt I do more than 5K a year so it would take a good few years to go through one.

I hate having to explain why the car is making a strange noise. My old FTO used to do that at low revs. Rattle, rattle, rattle...... Very annoying.

chrisandrea
29th September 2006, 07:24 AM
suprash, if your gumballing it through dorset on sat and want a play mate give us a shout!!!, and put me down for the 15th(as always work dependent)

Suprash
29th September 2006, 01:02 PM
suprash, if your gumballing it through dorset on sat and want a play mate give us a shout!!!, and put me down for the 15th(as always work dependent)

Mate, I am gumballing tomorrow, picking her up later today, so it'll be nice hard drive back from Aleysbury to Basingstoke, good wash, a joint, into bed and then happy times...... :D

Are you gumballing tomorrow as well ???? I'll pm you mobile number ;)

Suprash
29th September 2006, 01:07 PM
Hmm just had a look at calendar 15th is a sunday and i was thinking no garages are open then so i won't be getting my front end done that day.Aslo i might be on a long weekend from work so i might just be donating some hard earned cash towards the octaine fund and getting my ass down ur bit.Ill pm you nearer the time with my mobile number as im bound to get lost on the way lol.:nos:

Mate, I'll pm you my mobile number as it dont matter how lost you are if you havent got mine, theres not a lot of point in me having yours lol ;) :D

Are you both coming down ?

maz
29th September 2006, 03:19 PM
Hey Suprash yeah it will be the both of us an excuse to get in the car where its no going to the shops happy days lol... I hink i really need t hurry up and get my test done so i can get my own soop hehe as i love bein in them n i know im going to love drivin one to lol....

P.S Cass will get lost trust me he always does so ill be givin u a phone,as he always seems to be goin to fast to read the signs lol....:tongue2:

Suprash
29th September 2006, 11:00 PM
Hey Suprash yeah it will be the both of us an excuse to get in the car where its no going to the shops happy days lol... I hink i really need t hurry up and get my test done so i can get my own soop hehe as i love bein in them n i know im going to love drivin one to lol....

P.S Cass will get lost trust me he always does so ill be givin u a phone,as he always seems to be goin to fast to read the signs lol....:tongue2:

Signs are for wimps anyway lol :D

chrisandrea
30th September 2006, 08:51 AM
just head south and you'll be fine!!

Cass
5th October 2006, 06:11 PM
SORRY guys but im not able to get down i've to go parachuteing with work for two days i tried to get out of it but couldn't aslo got called a chicken from my work mates as they thought i was not wanting to jump not trying to get of to go to a meet you can never win.:(

god father wheels
5th October 2006, 11:29 PM
Hi suprash, where abouts in Basingstoke is the meet and what time?

regards john

mr lover
7th October 2006, 01:56 PM
it is by the kfc next to the ice rink 2pm

god father wheels
7th October 2006, 10:20 PM
Hi Gary can you give us some directions mate?

Either from M3 or from A33 in to Basingstoke, many thanks mate.

john

LeeT
9th October 2006, 06:43 PM
Hi Gary can you give us some directions mate?

Either from M3 or from A33 in to Basingstoke, many thanks mate.

john

Hi John, as you come into Basingstoke on the A33 just follow the brown signs to the leisure centre, they are everywhere
Lee

god father wheels
9th October 2006, 07:27 PM
Hi LeeT, thanks dude see you down there on sunday.

john

Suprash
11th October 2006, 08:37 PM
SORRY guys but im not able to get down i've to go parachuteing with work for two days i tried to get out of it but couldn't aslo got called a chicken from my work mates as they thought i was not wanting to jump not trying to get of to go to a meet you can never win.:(

Pffft, you let us down, lol ;) ;) ;)

Suprash
11th October 2006, 11:42 PM
Just to confirm for everyone the meet details are as follow:

14:00 Sunday 15th October behind the KFC in Basingstoke Leisure Park.

And for all you sat-nav users - RG22 6PG ;)

:D