View Full Version : Celica Intercooler

Cass
16th November 2006, 10:11 PM
My Mate works at Toyota up in Aberdeen Teaching mechanics how to be mechanics and he said that the Celica gt might have the same smic as the Supra but he wasnt sure.Can anyone confirm this as we think the smic for the JZA80 can't specific for that model of car and has to be interchangeable with another model?

Martin F
16th November 2006, 10:27 PM
we think the smic for the JZA80 can't specific for that model of car and has to be interchangeable with another model?

Why do you think that?

Well the ST205 Celica (94-96) GT4 had a chargecooler mounted on top of the engine and the ST185 Celica (89-93) GT4 had either a chargecooler or an interwarmer also mounted on top of the engine, so i guess your guy doesn't know his Toyotas very well.

:zipped:

Cass
16th November 2006, 10:33 PM
so i guess your guy doesn't know his Toyotas very well. :laugh: You do make me laugh sometimes :laugh:
I sugested the gt4 but he wasnt sure he was gona get back to me on it.If there is another interchangable smic is the wiring loom and tubing the same?

Martin F
16th November 2006, 10:40 PM
Believe me, it will be unique to the MKIV Supra. ;)

There are some components on the MKIV that are shared with other models, but if you read up on the design of the MKIV you'd see that Toyota went to so much trouble with so many different aspects bespoke items would not have been an issue.

Cass
16th November 2006, 10:46 PM
Cool Cheers Martin it was just a random thought i had.I'm gona get mine re cored the now till i can spent out for a brand new one after my bald tyres are repleced,geometry done,hole in exhaust (my fault) repaired,bodykit repaired and side light bulbs replaced lol:rolleyes2:

Martin F
16th November 2006, 11:01 PM
Let us know how you get on with that as i've never heard of anybody having the stock intercooler recored.

Cass
16th November 2006, 11:03 PM
Yea will do.

madwoody
17th November 2006, 03:47 PM
dont think they make a core to fit it (strange toyota do lol) but what they will say is that they can make you a new intercooler ( alloy ends ) for £300 plus vat well thats what a company in colchester said they could do

Martin F
17th November 2006, 03:56 PM
Was that Serck Marston?

madwoody
2nd December 2006, 10:02 AM
thats the one martin

i ended up gettin a replacement standard (aftermarket alloy ends not from colchester)
one that should arrive today well want it to not going to give me any more power i dont think but when i gun it in hot weather hopefully it will go faster for a bit longer