PDA

View Full Version : AEM Tru-Boost

Rico2006
23rd November 2006, 03:09 PM
Well, TNT delivered my AEM Tru-boost. Looks nice, well packaged and with good instructions. Not good enough though as I cant find any reference installs!

I need to connect the onboard pressure sensor to manifold pressure. And thats where ive given up. Apparently i need to connect to it using the supplied 1/8" NPT barb, or an existing port. Im guessing here that I need to use a T-Peice (not supplied) to patch into existing pipework?

Could someone be a darling and point me in the right direction.

I knew this would be confusing, i had enough problems working out how to get the clips of my side repeaters when replacing them!

suprarob
23rd November 2006, 06:18 PM
can,t find a decent enough picture for you but if you look here http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/boostguage/bg.htm

and scoll down to the last picture you will see the area you need to look

here you will see a Y shaped hose connector that goes to the turbo pressure sensor you need to put your T piece in here

I hope I,ve made sense

Rico2006
23rd November 2006, 06:42 PM
Balls, it comes with every other connector, but no damn T piece. Anyone know where I can get one pronto?

thanks, i assumed it connected the same as a boost gauge, but the reference to manifold pressure made me wonder.

suprarob
23rd November 2006, 06:56 PM
I think there are a few on ebay or halfords

someone else might be able to help you better here though

Martin F
23rd November 2006, 10:32 PM
The larger B&Q's do plastic T-Pieces, also aquarium shops may be able to help.

There are a load of install pics in the 'How to....' section for boost gauges, may well help.

Cass
23rd November 2006, 10:42 PM
I was gona post about the how to but i didnt want to take your thunder lol

Rico2006
24th November 2006, 08:46 AM
Thanks guys. I just couldnt equate Vac pipe to Manifold pressure. Now i know where it goes, no problems.

Im suprised AEM didnt include a t-Peice in thier kit: it includes everything else. THe solenoid is very small but it doesnt look as tough as the Blitz units

Rico2006
26th November 2006, 09:46 PM
Got the BCC fitted (display only, solenoid tomorrow) - i used a blue aquarium T in the end but will order a propper T soon. Need to get my FCD installed (didnt turn up) as BCC shows im cutting out at 1.09 Bar. Really simple install, and having it replace the clock means theres no messy cables dangling down anywhere.

Rico2006
27th November 2006, 03:35 PM
Just tried to install the solenoid and im going to need some replacement Vac piping. Could some-one let me know the core-size so i can order some up.

thanks

David