View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2008, 02:54 AM   #1
Guyver

Jap Spec RZ-S - Auto
Send a message via Skype™ to Guyver
Talking Fit An Active Spoiler

How To fit an Active Spoiler

This how assumes you have the wiring loom fitted to your car and doesn’t includes any wiring diagrams.

What you need:

1. Active Spoiler assembly.

I’m going to assume this is second hand as they are very expensive from Toyota. A complete spoiler assembly should come complete with an under tray it’s an integral part of the spoiler as the motor and frame all bolt to it.
It should look like this…

There are some differences between and active spoiler under tray and a normal one that it’s well worth getting hold of one (if you didn’t get one with your spoiler) than trying to get an ordinary one to fit.
You can see the differences below…

2. The spoiler and mounting plates and bolts.

Main mounting bolts (x5) pt# 90109-08241
Spoiler Part # 76852-14010
Mounting plates (called Retainer)
Retainer No.2 RH pt# 76863-14030
Retainer No.1 centre pt# 76855-14020
Retainer No.2 LH pt# 76864-14030
Bolts (x11) pt# 90109-06242
Also you may need the bolts that fix the spoiler bar (the big bit with a rubber strip on it) to the under tray. I used 6x M6 bolts cut to 12mm long (that thread length not including the head) with spring washers and plain washers (6 each).

The lot should look like this (the spoiler assembly has been strip for these pic’s)

3. Active spoiler ECU and switch.

Best bet is to get them second hand as well, they are expensive new.

* A thing to note if you are fitting this to a facelift car then you will need to drill extra holes at the front of the under tray. Facelift cars have 5 bolts at the front not 3 as for pre facelift cars. Compare my original under tray with that for the active spoiler.

* If I’ve missed anything I’m sure you lot will let me know .

1997 FaceLift Twin Turbo stock at the moment.
Volk Racing SF Challenge wheels and UK brakes finally fitted.