Register FAQ Community Calendar

Off-Topic Non-Supra related chat.

Old 7th August 2012, 09:44 PM   #1
Martin F
Administrator

UK Spec - Manual
Send a message via MSN to Martin F
Default Gt86 ?

Just wondering if anybody has test driven one of these yet and what their opinion was?

I test drove one on Saturday and placed my order today

It's no Supra, but for the price it's certainly a great buy and Toyota have definitely spent some time on the handling.

UK6TT + Bits & Bobs

'Remember folks, the inside lane isn't just for Xmas'

MSOC FAQ MSOC Members Discounts MSOC Resources
Martin F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012, 02:55 PM   #2
MarkLee77

None - Don't currently own a MKIV Supra.

hey Martin how are you long time no see?
you might be interested in this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUhLX...eature=g-all-u
have heard good things about these motors some companies are using them for drifting already!

I am thinking of coming back to a supra do you know anything about sva imports Folkestone would love to have bought one off Tim and Steve sure they could have got me a good deal but that's not possible now
MarkLee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 08:07 AM   #3
Martin F
Administrator

UK Spec - Manual

Hey Mark, good to hear from you!

Yep, have seen that vid before. The GT86 is getting a lot of good reviews, it's no Supra but definitely a fun sports car. Can't wait until I pick mine up as it's the first time i've ever bought a new car.

SVA imports have been around a very long time (they were around during your JIC days) and they used to supply cars to other garages. I think they are quite genuine and if they haven't got a car that you like then chances are they may have more on their way over. The fact that they have been around so long also obviously says something.

What happened to your last Supra?

UK6TT + Bits & Bobs

Old 24th August 2012, 09:37 PM   #4
MarkLee77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin F View Post
Hey Mark, good to hear from you!

Yep, have seen that vid before. The GT86 is getting a lot of good reviews, it's no Supra but definitely a fun sports car. Can't wait until I pick mine up as it's the first time i've ever bought a new car.

SVA imports have been around a very long time (they were around during your JIC days) and they used to supply cars to other garages. I think they are quite genuine and if they haven't got a car that you like then chances are they may have more on their way over. The fact that they have been around so long also obviously says something.

What happened to your last Supra?
Hi Martin
yep the soop went I sold it foolishly to buy a s2000 and a drift car just for driftng but I could not live with the s2000 so I sold that took a big loss on it then got myself a 350z which handles real nice but does not have any poke so my desire for a mkiv has come back wish I would not have sold my vvti but sva have one I kind of like so will be going down there soon to check it out do you still have the black beast that was one of jic s best soops do you still do car shows track days?
Mark
Old 25th August 2012, 07:33 PM   #5
Martin F
Administrator

UK Spec - Manual

Well at least you have had opportunity to try a few nice cars, ones that in all honesty i'd like to try myself. Always liked the look of the S2000 and it's digital dash.

Yes still have the MKIV and no intentions of ever getting rid of it. At the end of last year i bought an MR2 for track days, but due to some extensive building works i've only had chance to do one airfield day so far. Will probably prep it over the winter so that next year I can get a few days out in it.

You should have no trouble finding another Supra, it's just avoiding the dogs as there are definitely a few out there nowadays.

UK6TT + Bits & Bobs

Old 25th August 2012, 09:14 PM   #6
MarkLee77

Whats the mr2 like? some people have said to me they are twitchy? but I ve never driven one there are cup compotitions for mr2 if you want to track it. I am thinking of doing one last track day with the 350 at north weald before selling I think another face lift supra either quick silver or gun metal is on the cards I like the vvti cause thats what I had before but it has waste spark so not so good for flames out of the exhaust some thing I like. ( bit childish I know but it makes me ) My intentions are to keep it for the forseable future then single it to about 600 to 700bhp! so might be needing some advice I will try to do all the mechanical stuff myself and abbey motorsport is just round the corner from me and also theres another guy called Lee I think SRD or something like that he s ment to be good gonna start looking but not gonna rush into anything.
Old 26th August 2012, 09:26 PM   #7
Martin F
Administrator

UK Spec - Manual

The MR2 does tend to go quickly once it lets go, which is something to look out for when pushing it on a track. However prices for the cars and parts are cheap which was the main reason for buying one so that I wouldn't be quite so pissed off if I ended up in the kitty litter on a track day

A 600 - 700BHP Supra is a nice level of tune to have and something which should be fairly reliable if you do your research and have a reasonable budget. Plenty of experience around nowadays so I wish you luck with your plans and look forward to hearing about your developments.

UK6TT + Bits & Bobs

Old 18th January 2013, 11:02 AM   #8
Martin F
Administrator

UK Spec - Manual

Just thought i'd add a few pics from collection day.

UK6TT + Bits & Bobs

Old 18th January 2013, 05:56 PM   #9
baz
stella monster

Send a message via MSN to baz

mmmmmmmmm nice
Old 20th January 2013, 09:08 PM   #10
MarkLee77

Cool

nice what is it like to drive? I saw my first one in the flesh a few days ago!