MSOC Forums

Go Back   MSOC Forums > General Chat > Members Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Members Projects Follow the progress of our members projects.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd June 2008, 12:43 PM   #1
jimbob

Jap Spec SZ - Auto (NA)
Default Ridox kit fitted and advans on

I don't post too often (as I'm quite shy ) but there's not many days that I don't check the forum to see what's going on...I'm going to make the effort in future though!

I've had my supra for 18 months now, it's a facelift n/a with about 65k on the clock. I spent about 6 months looking for the right one, so by the time I bought it I knew where I wanted to be going with it when it came to modifying/styling. Bigger bhp isn't really my sort of thing, I'm happy with what it's got, and tbh there's not too much scope for that with an n/a.

I bought the (whifbitz) ridox kit for it a week after buying the car, it's been at a 'bodyshop' since then until a few weeks ago getting the lip done in carbon. The sideskirts need to be redone (the carbon work on them is shockingly bad) and are coming off again in a few weeks to go to someone else to sort out, so for this reason the kit hasn't been properly fitted, but you get the idea.

I know the Advans aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I love them, and spent weeks refurbing the lip to make them shine & then painting the centres. A real bargain (at £200) and I think 3 spokes are about to make a come back!
I've an exhaust winging it's way in the post, and also a set of 20mm hubcentric spacers to help the rims fill the arch out a bit. I've a carbon fuel flap to match the lip on the kit, leather seats, and I've painted my (facelift) headlights black...think that's it so far.

Next is a bit of bling in the engine bay, after refurbing the wheels I've decided I'm going to have a go at polishing some bits under the bonnet, and some carbon here and there should finish it off.

Comments / pointers / advice appreciated

jimbob is offline   Reply With Quote