MSOC Forums

Go Back   MSOC Forums > Technical > Performance Electronics
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Performance Electronics ECU's, FCD's, Piggy Backs, Boost Controllers and all those other performance related gizzmos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th November 2008, 11:29 PM   #1
leadfootlen

Jap Spec GZ - Auto (TT)
Default Battery Draining/Alarm Rewiring

Hi All,

Ive had a problem with my Supra for a while and was wondering if anybody may have some advice.

I have a clifford alarm fitted and have noticed for some time that the battery seems to be draining very quickly. If im away for a week the car wont start when I return. The battery was replaced a few months ago and its still doing the same thing. I have noticed the alarm has 2 wires going onto the positive battery connecter with an inline fuse in each. I have taken the fuses out and the battery doesnt drain so im guessing it must be the alarm draining it.

I was thinkint to reconnect the alarm to an ignition feed so it will only be draining the curretn (charging its batter I assume) when the ignition is on. The alarm battery when not connected to the main battery seems to last a long time so im hoping that only charging it when I drive it should be enough to keep it topped up.

Does this sound like a do-able idea or am i overlooking something? Also any ideas where I can find a good ignition live feed to attach the alarm to?

Many thanks for any help

Cheers,

James