PDA

View Full Version : What?s the limit please?

13th January 2004, 10:26 PM
What?s the highest hp possible from the 2JZ-GTE engine, with all possible mods done, i know Phil Dawson?s was running 800HP before he sold it but what is the limit?

Would nitrous oxide be possible to increase things further, if the engine was strengthened first?

What would all this cost?

Just its some thing ive always wanted to know, plus im sure other people think the same http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif

Thx in advance
Drew

14th January 2004, 09:50 AM
I read some where that the original pre release hp of this engine was around 600hp, or some thing like that and in Japan I think the Veilside Supra was kicking out around 1000hp, does any one know any more, Nathan?

Plus I have seen heavily modded Supras running twin nitrous injection, so I know it must be possible some how

Regards
Drew

Nathan
14th January 2004, 09:52 AM
Quote[/b] (Drew @ Jan. 13 2004,22:26)]What?s the highest hp possible from the 2JZ-GTE engine, with all possible mods done, i know Phil Dawson?s was running 800HP before he sold it but what is the limit?
Not quite. About 550~600 IMO.

The engine is safe, but about on it's limit in terms of fuelling and strength. The yanks supposedly run 800bhp+ on standard bottom ends but I wouldn't.

It's a VERY big co-incidence that you are another Drew, with a white, UK spec manual...!

Edit: Bu88er! Just seen your post in general...so you ARE the one and only then? I could have sworn you sold the car...?!!

Nathan
14th January 2004, 09:55 AM
Forgot to add that fitting nitrous to a Supra is no problem- we have a VVt-i here that is having as well as pretty much everything else but personally I wouldn't run gas on a BPU/hybrid Mk4 as the manifold/sequential system is already struggling to shove 450bhp's worth of exhaust through it. Matt Hickmans car was a good example- it didn't feel much stronger with the gas on at all.

14th January 2004, 10:01 AM
It's a VERY big co-incidence that you are another Drew, with a white, UK spec manual...! [QUOTE]

Did not know the other one dude, ive talked and met you a couple of times now mate, although aint been online much of late, so I thought I would catch up on the gossip.

Long time no see, how you been?

Btw was the Veilside supra really kicking out around 1000+hp?

Continue in general supra chat?

Regards

Syed Shah
14th January 2004, 10:54 AM
If all mods means HUGE turbo(s) ?http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif ?and a built engine etc etc etc, then it all comes down to the limits of the block itself. The block is iron, and a stock one has allegedley been cracked by Venom, when running 1500+ HP Although Titan along with some others, can do block reinforcement.

It all comes down to what sort of service life you expect. At extreme levels, it is not just oil that is a consumable, but pistons/rods etc !!!

FWIW, I think 1000+ HP is achievable reliably, if you do everything properly. 800HP or so would be a more realistic target though.

Just remember, our engine is so reliable because Toyota over-engineered it from the factory. If you want 600HP reliably, use components specced for 1000HP etc.