PDA

View Full Version : Irritating prob

Manic
29th March 2004, 06:27 PM
Humm, not sure why but since I got my Supra, Tueday last week, a stall has developed, most times I come to a stop at a junction, dip the clutch and the revs drop to 500 for a sec it faulters then stalls. It isnt every time but when I first got the car it was ticking away solidly at 800 no movement whatsoever. The only thing I wondered was whether I should have put Optimax in from the start rather than Unleaded ??
Any suggestions ?

Matt

Martin F
29th March 2004, 07:04 PM
It may be worth resetting your ECU.

Disconnect the battery or remove the EF1 & EF2 fuses for about 5minutes. Afterwards the car may act a bit strange (including stalling) but should be fine once it has re-learn't all the settings. A varied drive i.e. some high revs, some high loads for 5 or 6 mins will aid the re-learning process.

If that doesn't cure it then i'd start looking for an air leak, probably quite small.

Manic
29th March 2004, 08:59 PM
Its going back to garage for MOT tommorrow so i'll mention it to them, Cheers Matt

Manic
10th April 2004, 01:37 PM
I have mentioned it in another post but.......
Had new Digital Adapter fitted as original one is playing up and all the stalling probs etc have gone, well worth doing methinks

http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif Matt