View Full Version : Diff problems

streetcar
12th June 2004, 11:15 AM
I have a 95 uk spec twin turbo, i have encountered a problem with he diff, as only having purchased the car recently i was not aware of the problem that the diff oil cooler gives, unfortunatly it started to leak unawares to me, and this led to the diff seizing.

I got a second hand diff out of a jap inport i knew it didnt have an oil cooler on it but thought it would still fit ok, but i have now realised that the prop shaft is to short in my car, if i was to get a shaft out of a jap car would this do my job or would i be safer rebulding my own diff and getting a new oil cooler.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Martin F
12th June 2004, 11:51 AM
http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/welcome.gif

Good to see another UK spec owner on board.

Indeed the prop is shorter on a Jap spec car, something i only found out recently. You could solve your problem by just finding a Jap spec prop, which probably won't be too hard.

However if it was me i think i'd want the UK diff rebuilt and the added safety of the oil cooler etc. I'm not sure whether you can use any of the parts from your Jap diff to help in the rebuild of your UK diff. Somebody who's experienced with these may be able to chime in.