PDA

View Full Version : Is there any reason to reset my ecu?

V
15th June 2004, 12:38 PM
Not that ive got a problem - i hope - done nearly 3k in my car, and not knowing how it should be performing compared with others, didnt know where i should reset the ECU to start a fresh if you like.
I only ever use Optimax.
Does this thing learn or does it get set on the lowest fuel rating ro am i talking hairy balls http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

This just came about having a look at the USA site and after my friends Scooby keeps cocking up and having to be reset.

Oh, and is the same fuse on all supes?

Cheers again.
Stephen V

alex h
15th June 2004, 02:02 PM
I'd personally do it when the seasons change...just to start a-fresh with the change of weather.

chiefgroover
15th June 2004, 04:03 PM
I do it after any mods, or a service. Toyota usually do it so there has to be a good reason, I suspect it learns the cars sensors again and adjusts to give optimum performance, well to the best of its ability anyway.

Nathan
15th June 2004, 04:13 PM
Toyota will do it as a matter of course as any car in for a service will have the diagnostics checked to see if any fault codes have been logged by the ECU. Most tuners will do the same, as do we. However, we will only reset the ECU if the source of the fault code/s has been rectified or if the customer has had some upgrades and has switched from 95 to 97 or somesuch.

V
15th June 2004, 04:39 PM
Cheers guys.

So i'll probably get it serviced and have a check then.
Is it still the same fuse though for future ref?

Cheers again.
Stephen V