PDA

View Full Version : Induction kit.

Badboys
2nd October 2004, 05:16 PM
http://www.mkivsupra.co.uk/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/help.gif can anyone help me. I wish to fit a induction kit to my 1993 supra auto jap import none turbo. what type or make will be the best to fit. I am going to de cat as well.

Martin F
2nd October 2004, 05:37 PM
To be honest i wouldn't bother about an induction kit as its well recorded that at lower levels of tune they don't gain you anything over the stock box with a good quality panel filter in.

If you decide you still want an induction kit then all the major manufacturers can supply these, but the better one for filtration and flow is the Apexi one.

Cuthbert
2nd October 2004, 09:48 PM
hi badboys, when i bought my supra it had some cheap import induction kit fitted. Chiefgroover recommended that i fit a blitz panel filter instead. I did, and the results are less turbo whistle but more mid range torque. Bear in mind how hot the engine gets, that cone filter will be sucking in all that heat.
Personally i think the ideal set up is a cone filter in an airbox with a good cold air feed, but that's pretty expensive i think.