PDA

View Full Version : Fueling again

mrboost
25th November 2004, 08:36 AM
As some of you may know that my HKS Super AFR has been playing up, so I have uprated the Supra fuel pump to a Walbro 255 fuel pump.....Now, will my car be okay as the pump will just work independant to the AFR ? or will the afr be restricting the amount of fuel ? I was going to unistall the AFR but wil have to wait until it gets a bit warmer, the wires got to the ecu and split into my fcd, so I will have to find the paperwork out and reconnect all that up.

Scared of starving the engine with fuel, as did that in the mk3 and it took me 6 months of hard engine work to get right.

Martin F
25th November 2004, 05:52 PM
As you say the pump and AFR run independent to each other and as such just because you have fitted a new pump there shouldn't really be any need to change the AFR settings.

However the two systems are both responsible for the overal fuelling of the engine and if you were running with a tired pump previously it may be that the AFR has been tuned to compensate for this and now your compensation would be causing the car to run rich. Its not a disaster (unless you were compensating for an extremely tired pump) but running rich whilst safe may mean that you are not getting the best out of the car.